Date of this Version
How Do You Know When You Need A Consultant?
1. Before initiating a new program
2. When effectiveness is hampered by interpersonal difficulties
3. When budget problems are hampering effectiveness
4. When in-house staff doesn't have time to do vital work
5. When a more objective viewpoint is is needed
How Do You Find the Right Consultant?
How Do You Ensure Maximum Benefit at Minimum Cost?
1. Before the initial phone call, define with care the problem to be addressed by the consultant
2. The initial phone call focuses on refining the definition of the problem(s) to be addressed and on identifying the information needed to develop a solution
3. The information is collected and used to develop the first draft of an action plan
4. The first-draft action plan is presented in a teleconference attended by all affected constituencies
5. The action plan is revised and implemented
Before The Visit