Date of this Version
- Bansal (A). DESIDOC Journal of Library & Information Technology: A Bibliometric Analysis. DESIDOC Journal of Library & Information Technology. 3, 5; 2013, p412-417.
- Davarpanah (MR) and Aslekia (S). A scientometric analysis of international LIS journals: Productivity and characteristics. Scientometrics. 77, 1; 2008, p21–39.
- Garg, (KC) and Padhi (P). Scientometrics of Laser Research Literature as viewed through the Journal of Current Laser Abstracts. Scientometrics. 45, 2; 1999, p251 – 268.
- Gupta (BM) et al. World Cataract Research: A Scientometric Analysis of Publications Output during 2002-11, Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal), 2013, Paper 895. http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/libphilprac/895
- Mamdapur (GM) et al. Scientometric Analysis of Contributions to the Journal College and Research Libraries (1997-2011), Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal), 2013, Paper 905. http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/libphilprac/905
- Mooghali (A) et al. Scientometric Analysis of the Scientometric Literature. International Journal of Information Science and Management. 9, 1; 2011, p19-31.
- Serenko (A) et al. A scientometric analysis of the Proceedings of the McMaster World Congress on the Management of Intellectual Capital and Innovation for the 1996-2008. Journal of Intellectual Capital. 10, 1; 2009,p 8-21.
- Subramanyam (K). Bibliometric Study of Research Collaboration: A Review. Journal of Information Science. 6, 1; 1993, p33-38.
- Velmurugan (C). Bibliometric analysis with special reference to authorship pattern and collaborative research output of Annals of Library and Information studies for the year 2007 – 2012. International Journal of Digital Library Services. 3, 3; 2013, Jul. p13-21.
- Velmurugan (C). Research Trends in Journal of Intellectual Property Rights (JIPR): A Bibliometric Study. Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal). 2013, Paper 1043. http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/libphilprac/1043.
- Velmurugan (C). Research Trends in Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Physics (IJPAP) for the Year 2009 – 2012. Asian Review of Social Sciences.3, 1; 2014, p24-28.
- Velmurugan (C) and Radhakrishnan (N). Publication Research Trends on Technical Review Journal: A Scientometric Study. International Journal of Digital Library Services.4, 3; 2014, Jul. p45-55.
- Velmurugan (C) and Radhakrishnan (N). Research Analysis By Means of Scientometric Techniques on Biotechnology. International Journal of Multidisciplinary Consortium. 2, 1; 2015, p 256-266.
- Velmurugan (C) and Radhakrishnan (N). Journal of Information Literacy: A Scientometric Profile. Journal of Information Sciences and Application. 3, 1; 2015, p1-9.
- Velmurugan (C) and Radhakrishnan (N). Quantitative Analysis of Scientific Publications Output on Engineering Journal: A Scientometric Study. Journal of Information Sciences and Application. 3, 1; 2015, p19-30.
- Velmurugan (C) and Radhakrishnan (N). Webology journal: a scientometric profile. International Journal of Information Dissemination and Technology. 5, 2; 2015, p137-142.
This paper aims to evaluate the scientific publication research productivity in Malaysian Journal of Library and Information Science (MJLIS) for period of nineteen years between 1996 and 2014 with total of 315 research publications. For the purpose of this present study, the various attributes of this publication to know about chronology wise total papers, total authors, total citations, average authors per paper, average citation per paper, exponential growth rate, degree of collaboration, collaborative index, relative growth rate, doubling time, co-authorship index, subject wise distribution, institution and country wise distribution and length of papers have also analyzed. The scientometric tools and techniques such as Degree of Collaboration, Collaborative Index, Exponential Growth Rate, and Co-authorship index for measuring the output so as to arrive the appropriate results and findings during the period of study. The results reveal that out of 315 papers, 8.89% are the greatest number of research outputs in the year 2011 and the lowest number 4.13% are in the year 1998. The highest number of average authors per paper is 2.90 in the year 2012 and the average Exponential growth rate is 1.007 and showing the increasing trend in the journal. The highest number of citations is in the year 2010 whereas the least number of citations are in 1998.