Date of this Version
- Amanulla, M .S (2018) Collection Evaluation: A Case Study of the New College Library from 2009-2013 In the Journal of Indian Library Association (JILA) Vol. 54, No 2.
- Garate, Archana Sachin (2017) A Study of Quantitative Growth in Library Collection and Users of Mumbai University Library In International Research: Journal of Library & Information Science Vol.7 No.1, pp. 195-203.
- Sasikala, C, Nagaratnamani, G., and .Dhanraju, V (2014)Pattern of Collection Development in Academic Libraries in Andhra Pradesh: A Study,InIOSR Journal Of Humanities And Social Science (IOSR-JHSS),Vol19,No.2,PP05-18 e-ISSN: 2279-0837, p-ISSN: 2279-0845.
- Kaushal, Chauhan (2014) A Case Study of Collection Development in MMEC Library, In Pearl: A Journal of Library and Information Science, Vol.8, No.3, PP.125-129 Print ISSN: 0973-7081. Online ISSN: 0975-6922. Article DOI: 10.5958/0975-6922.2014.00733.
- Shivakumaraswmay K.N.and Nikam Khaiser(2016) Acquisition of Library Print and Non-Print Materials in Mysore Region Engineering College Libraries: A Study In Pearl: A Journal of Library and Information Science Vol.10,No.1,PP.52-61. Print ISSN: 0973-7081. Online ISSN: 0975-6922. Article DOI: 10.5958/0975-6922.2016.00007.
- Sinha, Atanu Kumar (2015) Evaluation of Library Collection of PalliSamgathanaVibhaga Library, Visva-Bharati: A Survey, In The SRELS Journal of Information Management,Vol 52, No 5. DOI: 10.17821/srels/2015/v52i5/79754
- Patil, S.B and Joshi, A.N (2015) Collection Development in University Library: A Case Study of Karnatak University Library from 2005-2009 In The SRELS Journal of Information Management, Vol52, No.3 DOI: 10.17821/srels/2015/v52i3/70336.
- Natarajan N. O.(2012)Collection Development in Mother Theresa Institute of Health Science Library Pondicherry - a Study, InThe SRELS Journal of Information Management, Vol. 49, No. 6 DOI: 10.17821/srels/2012/v49i6/43935.
- Mallaiah,T,Y and , Purushothama Gowda, M(2009) Collection Development in Mangalore University Library: a User Study In The SRELS Journal of Information Management,Vol.46,No.1 DOI: 10.17821/srels/2009/v46i1/44072.
- http://www.tezu.ernet.in/Library/index.php/about-us/library-collections (Access dated on 23 Nov 2018)
The purpose of this study is to analyse the department wise quantitative growth and amount utilised for printed books in Central Library Tezpur University under school of engineering. The descriptive research method was used to study quantitative growth of print collections. Data about budget utilised, and year wise quantitative growth of prints books for the period of 2012 to 2017 under study was collected from the annual reports, accession register and library statistics file. Findings revealed that quantitative growth of print books does not show consistency within the period under study. Authors suggested that there is urgent need to allocate more funds to university library to acquire more numbers of printed books to cater the needs of user communities.