Date of this Version
- Asogwa, BE (2011) Digitization of Archival Collections in Africa for Scholarly Communication: Issues, Strategies, and Challenges‘. Library Philosophy & Practice, 1–14.
- Asogwa, EB and Ezema, JI (2012), The challenges of preservation of archives and records in the electronic age‘, PNLA Quarterly, 76(3)
- Bähr, Thomas (2011) Puzzling over digital preservation – Identifying traditional and new skills needed for digital preservation, 217 — Education for digital curation — Education and Training Section with Preservation and Conservation, Information Technology; co-sponsored by ICA Section for Archival Education and Training, 1-14, http://conference.ifla.org/ifla77
- Calanag, Maria Luisa (2001) A Metadata Approach to Digital Preservation, Proc. Int’l. Conf. on Dublin Core and Metadata Applications 2001, 143-150
- Maxwell, Alexander (2010) Digital archives and history research: feedback from an end user, Library Review, 59(1), 24-39, https://doi.org/10.1108/00242531011014664
- Chen, Tin-Kai (2014) A Case Study of a Digital Archives Programme: The Development of Digital Shadow Plays in Taiwan, International Journal of Humanities and Arts Computing, Feb 2014, vo. 8, No. supplement : pp. 38-48
- Hodge, Gail (2004) Preservation of and Permanent Access to Electronic Information Resources, RTO IMC Lecture Series on “Electronic Information Management”, held in Sofia, Bulgaria, 8-10 September 2004, and published in RTO-EN-IMC-002.
- Kim, Julia Y (2018) Researcher Access to Born-Digital Collections: an Exploratory Study, Journal of Contemporary Archival Studies, 5(7). Available at: https://elischolar.library.yale.edu/jcas/vol5/iss1/7
- Muir, A. (2004). Digital preservation: awareness, responsibility and rights issues. Journal of Information Science, 30(1), 73-92.
- Ravenwood, C., Muir, A., & Matthews, G. (2015). Stakeholders in the selection of digital material for preservation: Relationships, responsibilities, and influence. Collection Management, 40(2), 83-110. https://doi.org/10.1080/01462679.2015.1011816
The digital archive and preservation is advantageous in comparison to traditional archive. For successful creation and maintenance of digital archive and preservation various basic principles should be followed. There are several technological, legal policies and related challenges which have to be solved for successful implementation of digital archive and preservation. The developing countries have started taking interest in digital archive and preservation but facing several challenges on the way. The study attempted to distinguish the level of consciousness on various copyright or legal issues associated with the digital collection and to get opinion from various categories of respondents about criteria guide on selection of materials for digitization. The present study analysis is to know various problems while using digital archives and ways to broadcast to use the IR/ digital archives and discuss about the special skills required for library staff to implement various methods to access the digital collection and defensive measures relating to issues on digitizing the documents in the digital archives