- Moed, H. F. (2017). A critical comparative analysis of five world university rankings. Scientometrics, 110(2), 967-990.
- Sivakumaren, K. S. (2017). Contributions of Publications of Indian Institute of Management in Ranking Institutions in National Institutional Ranking Framework: A Study, International Research: Journal of Library & Information Science, 7 (2).314-322.
- Muscanell, N., & Utz, S. (2017). Social networking for scientists: an analysis on how and why academics use ResearchGate. Online information review, 41(5), 744-759.
- Yu, M. C., Wu, Y. C. J., Alhalabi, W., Kao, H. Y., & Wu, W. H. (2016). ResearchGate: An effective altmetric indicator for active researchers?. Computers in human behavior, 55, 1001-1006.
- Aithal, P. S., Shailashree, V. T., & Kumar, P. M. (2016, June 06). The Study of New National Institutional Ranking System Using ABCD Framework. Retrieved April 11, 2017, from https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2790229
- Mandhirasalam, M. (2016). NIRF India Rankings 2016: Ranking of Engineering Institutions in Tamilnadu. In Creativity, Innovation and Transformation in Libraries(pp. 25-30). Tiruchengode, Tamilnadu: K.S.Rangasamy College of Technoloy and SALIS.
- Taylor, P., & Braddock, R. (2007). International university ranking systems and the idea of university excellence. Journal of Higher Education Policy and Management, 29(3), 245-260.
- Clarke, M. (2005). Quality assessment lessons from Australia and New Zealand. Higher Education in Europe, 30(2), 183-197.
- About. (2017, December 16). Retrieved from https://www.nirfindia.org/About
- About. (2017, December 16). Retrieved from https://www.researchgate.net/
This paper examines the publications of IITs, which have been available and indexed in ResearchGate, Web of Science, Scopus and Indian Citation Index databases. The data for the study have been taken out from two websites there are National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) and ResearchGate. A total number of 47,380 publications have been indexed in Web of Science, Scopus and Indian Citation Index databases and 46,729 publications are available in the ResearchGate. The study found that more number of publication are available in ResearchGate.