- Choudhury, T. A., Rahman, Mukutor & Barooah, P. K. (2018). A Scenario of Special Libraries and ICT Application in the State of Assam: A Study. Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal). Libraries at University of Nebraska-Lincoln. http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=5409&context=libphilprac
- India. University Education Commission, & Radhakrishnan, S. (1963). The Report of the University Education Commission, December 1948 - August 1949. Government India Press.
- Rahman, Mukutor; Choudhury, T. A. &Barooah, P. K. (2019). Management of Collection in University Libraries of Assam in ICT Environment: A Study.Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal). Libraries at University of Nebraska-Lincoln. https://digitalcommons.unl.edu/libphilprac/2464/
- Das, Gitika (ed) (2016). Digital Library: Issues, Challenges & Opportunities. Visakhapattanam, India. Global publishing house.
- Das, Kailash Chandra (2012). Application of Information Technology in Libraries. New Delhi, India: SSDN Publishers.
- Choudhury, T.A. & Das, Jaba Moni (2017). ICT and its Impact for Information Access in Special Libraries of Greater Guwahati: A Study. LISPA Journal, vol.III (2017). 33-38.
- Krishan Kumar (1982). Library Organization. New Delhi: Vikash publishing house.
- Kumar, P.S. (2003). Information Technology: Basics. New Delhi: B.R. Publishing Corporation.
- Jayanthi, P. (2014). Resource development of University libraries in Tamilnadu: An analytical study.
- Sabhapandit, Tonmay (2017). Growth and Development of University Libraries of Assam in the Context of Ranganathan’s Fifth Law of Library Science in IT Environment Science 1995. https://shodhganga.inflibnet.ac.in/handle/10603/221978
The aim of this paper is to show the status of information communication technology (ICT) application in some selected University libraries and Special Libraries of Assam. The paper focuses on the application of ICT and the ICT based services to the libraries. This paper discusses about different ICT tools and their use in the library operations, how the library services are developed with the use ICT have discoursed in the study. The present study discusses various library operations using ICT. The purpose of this study is to express the usefulness of the different ICT tools and techniques for making the access of information quicker and accurate to the user community as well as efficient management of the systems and services of the library.