Date of this Version
- 1. DelRosso, J & Cory, L. (2013). So You Want to Be a Digital Librarian – What Does That Mean? Cornell University ILR School, http://digitalcommons.ilr.cornell.edu/articles.
- Educase (2010). 7 things you should know about Open Educational Resources, 2010. https://net.educause.edu/ir/library/pdf/ELI7061.pdf
- EPRS Library (2013). Open Education: OER, OCW and MOOCs. Retrieved May, 31, 2016, from European Parliamentary Research Service Blog. https://epthinktank.eu/2013/10/01/open-education-oer-ocw-and moocs/.
- Gagliardi, K. (2011) “How to Use Social Media to Engage Students”. Project paper,University of California at Santa Barbara. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dvxlomQUm9j20r8tuf1oRMlfq-1P5-DszvJC0u9Agug/edit?hl=en_US.
- Gui, M. & Argentin, G. (2011). Digital skills of internet natives: Different forms of digital literacy in a random sample of northern Italian high school students, New Media & Society. Volume 13 Issue 6 http://nms.sagepub.com/content/13/6/963
- Hood, L. (2011). “Smartphones Are Bridging the Digital Divide: Minorities AreAccessing the Internet through Cheap, Prepaid Wireless Data Plans.” Wall StreetJournal Online, August 29. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111903327904576526732908837822.html.
- Ibrahim, W. (2015) Digital Librarian Competency in Managing digitized Library: A requirement for Cloud Computing Implementation in Libraries. Information and Knowledge Management. 5(4) 2015. Retrieved from www.iiste.org
- Lankes, R. David. (2011). The Atlas of New Librarianship. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
- Lorna M. Campbell and Sheila MacNeill. (2010) The Semantic Web, Linked and Open Data. JISC CETIS , 6.
- Majekodunmi, A.(2012) Examining the Role of Rural Community Libraries: Social Connectedness and Adult Learning [dissertation]. North Carolina State University. 2012.
- Omosekejimi, A., and Ijiekhuamhen, O.(2015) The Changing Roles of Librarian in the Digital Library Environment. Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun . 2015.
- Okiki, O.C. and Mabawonku, M.I. (2013). Information literacy skill of academic staff in Nigerian Federal Universities. International Journal of Library Science, 8 (2):62-77
- Rajkumar. (2011) Digital Library: Advantages and Disadvantages. Sri Sri College of Ayurvedic Science and Research (SSCASRH) 2011. www.sscasrh.org/sri-sri...php/.../320-digital-library-advantages-and-disadvantage.
- Salaam, M.O. and Adegbore, A.M. (2010). Internet access and use by students of private universities in Ogun State, Nigeria. Library Philosophy and Practice. http://unllib.unl.edu/LPP/salaam-adegbore.htm
- Smith, Aaron. (2011). Smartphone Adoption and Usage. Washington, DC: Pew ResearchCenter. www.pewinternet.org/Reports/2011/Smartphones.aspx.
- Trivedi, M. (2010) Digital Libraries: Functionality, Usability, and Accessibility. 2010. Library Philosophy and Practice.http://www.webpages.uidaho.edu/~mbolin/trivedi-diglib.htm
- Warschauer, M. and Tina, M. (2010). "New Technology and Digital Worlds: Analyzing Evidence of Equity in Access, Use, and Outcomes". Review of Research in Education 34: 179–225.
- Wikipedia (2015). Digital literacy: The Free Online Encyclopedia. Retrieved on 2rd March, 2015 from http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Literacy
- Wikipedia (2016) Online public access catalog. Retrieved from Wikipedia: 2016, 05 17. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Online_public_access_catalog
- Uzuegbu, C.P and Mc Albert, F.U (2012) Digital Librarians and the Challenges of Open Access to Knowledge: The Michael Okpara University of Agriculture (MOUAU) Library Experience University of Agriculture Umudike, Nigeria: Library Philosophy and Practice.
- Bhaf, M.(2010) Open access repositories: a review. Library Philosophy and Practice. Available: http://unllib.unl.edu/LPP/hanief2.htm
- Echezona, R., and Ugwuanyi, C. (2010) African university libraries and Internet connectivity: Challenges and the way forward. Library Philosophy and Practice. Available: http://unllib.unl.edu/LPP/echezona-ugwuanyi.htm
- Igun, S. (2010). Working experience and librarians’ knowledge of information and communication technologies (ICTs) in Nigerian university libraries. Library Philosophy and Practice. Available: http://unllib.unl.edu/LPP/igun-workingexperience.htm
- Feldman S. & Todaro J. (2016) Librarians in the Digital Age: A response to the Wall Street Journal column January 19.
- Hancks, J.W. (2011) keeping it rural: The role of rural public library educational programming and outreach in community economic sustainability efforts (Doctoral dissertation). Retrieved from http://gradworks.umi.com/34/57/3457783.html
- Henderson K.J (2017) Digital Librarian Job Description: https://careertrend.com/about-5443729-digital-librarian-job-description.html
- LeFurgy, B. (2011) What Skills Does a Digital Archivist or Librarian Need? 2011. http://blogs.loc.gov/digitalpreservation/2011/07/what-skills-does-a-digital-archivist-or-librarian-need/
- Njeze Miracle E. (2012) Preservation and Conservation Issues in Selected Private Universities in South-West Nigeria; in Library Philosophy and Practice v.6 (1) 2012. http://unllib.unl.edu/LPP/.
- Nwaeke, L.I and Onyebuchi, Obiekwe (2017) Impact of manpower training and development on organizational productivity and performance: A Theoretical Review; European Journal of Business and Management. v.9 (4) 2017.
- Sexena, Archana & Dubey T.N. (2014) Impact of Digital Technology on Academic Libraries of India: Problems and Prospects. International Journal of Application or Innovation in Engineering & Management (IJAIEM). 2014.
- Kolvitz, E. (2017) The many hats of the digital librarian; https://www.infotoday.eu/Articles/Editorial/Featured-Articles/The-many-hats-of-the-digital-librarian-121520.aspx
Digital librarianship is no longer an emerging concept as considered some years back; it has grown to become a force to reckon with, since it bridges the gap between traditional and digital library by preserving information in an electronic format for quick access and retrieval by library patrons. Digital librarian ensure regular subscription of electronic content of the library, act as an intermediary manager between resources and patrons, a voyeur of current information, organizer of digital resources such as e-books/journals, library’s repository, e-preservation and social media. The digital librarian in the micro community is prone to challenges such as low funds, inadequate power, low capacity building, inadequate service provider for internet use and lack of relevant Information and Communication Technology skills. Digital librarian is not just an information expert but a collaborator, researcher, facilitator, mediator and publisher of information and all these transformations would be further treasured in the community if patrons have access to uninterrupted internet service thus linking the micro to the macro.