Date of this Version
1.Adewoyin, O. O., Onuoha, U. D., & Ikonne, C. N. (2017). SOCIAL MEDIA USE AND SERVICE DELIVERY BY LIBRARIANS IN FEDERAL UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH-WEST, NIGERIA.
2. Al-Daihani, S. M. (2016). Students’ adoption of Twitter as an information source: An exploratory study using the Technology Acceptance Model. Malaysian Journal of Library & Information Science, 21(3), 57-69.
3.Eke, H. N., & Odoh, N. J. (2014). The use of social networking sites among the undergraduate students of University of Nigeria, Nsukka. Library Philosophy and Practice, 0_1.
4.Ghalawat, S., Mehla, S., & Girdhar, A. (2017). A Study of College Students using Social Networking Sites and Their Relationship with Demographic Profile. BVIMSR’s Journal of Management Research, 9(1), 37.
5.Gómez, M., Roses, S., & Farias, P. (2012). The Academic Use of Social Networks among University Students/El usoacadémico delasredes sociales en universitarios. Comunicar, 19(38), 131.
6.Kolan, B. J., & Dzandza, P. E. (2018). Effect of Social Media on Academic Performance of Students in Ghanaian Universities: A Case Study of University of Ghana, Legon. Library Philosophy and Practice, 0_1-24.
7.Kumar, A., & Kumar, R. (2013). Use of social networking sites (SNSs): A study ofMaharishiDayanand university, Rohtak, India. Library Philosophy and Practice, 0_1.
8.Lee, F. L., Chen, H. T., & Chan, M. (2017). Social media use and university students’ participation in a large-scale protest campaign: The case of Hong Kong’s Umbrella Movement. Telematics and Informatics, 34(2), 457-469.
9.Li, X., & Chen, W. (2014). Facebook or Renren? A comparative study of social networking site use and social capital among Chinese international students in the United States. Computers in Human Behavior, 35, 116-123.
- Manjunatha, S. (2013). The usageofsocial networking sites among the college students in India. International Research Journal of Social Sciences, 2(5), 15-21.
- Mingle, J., & Adams, M. (2015). Social media network participation and academic performance in senior high schools in Ghana. Library Philosophy and Practice, 1.
- Mohammad, H., & Tamimi,H.(2017).STUDENTS’PERCEPTION OF USING SOCIAL NETWORKING WEBSITES FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES: COMPARISON BETWEEN TWO ARAB UNIVERSITIES.
- Neira, B., Corey, J., & Barber, B. L. (2014). Social networking site use: Linked to adolescents' social self‐concept, self‐esteem, and depressed mood. Australian Journal of Psychology, 66(1), 56-64.
- Okuonghae, C. L. N. (2018). Librarians’ Awareness of Social Media Usage for Informal Scientific Communication in University Libraries in South-south, Nigeria.
- Wang, J. L., Jackson, L. A., Gaskin, J., & Wang, H. Z. (2014). The effects of Social Networking Site (SNS) use on college students’ friendship and well-being. Computers in Human Behavior, 37, 229-236.
- Wang, P., Wang, X., Wu, Y., Xie, X., Wang, X., Zhao, F., ... & Lei, L. (2018). Social networking sites addiction and adolescent depression: A moderated mediation model of rumination and self-esteem. Personality and Individual Differences, 127, 162-167.
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_media.retrieved: 15thocober,2019.
- Wyche, S., & Baumer, E. P. (2017). Imagined Facebook: An exploratory study of non-users’ perceptions of social media in Rural Zambia. new media & society, 19(7), 1092-1108.
- Zhang, Z., & Xue, Y. (2015). An investigation of how Chinese university students use social software for learning purposes. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences, 186, 70-78.
The current study was designed to find out the use of social networking sites among students of the UniversityofBalochistanQuetta.in the light of today's modern and digital era of social media /social networking sites every individual is well aware of these changes as well as future changes. The present study has a number of research objectives that have been tested to see how university students are taking social networking sites. The prime objectives of the study are to find out the perception of SNS among the University of Balochistan (UoB) students, to identify the purpose of usage, to determine the frequency of usage and to disclose the issues associated with SNS usage among the university students. The descriptive survey method has been used to collect useful data from the selected population. The semi-structured questionnaires were distributed among the students of the University of Balochistan Quetta. The 250 copies of questionnaires were distributed and 205 were returned with full responses that were 82%.majority of them were male. The result of the study revealed that the majority of them using social media. The respondents were well aware of social media and they used social media for academic purposes. The majority of the respondents used social media for instant messaging and email. The study revealed that all the respondents were facing too many problems while using social media. The present study was suggested that the university authority should bound the study to use social mediaforonly academic purposes.