- Merton, R. K. The Matthew effect in science: The reward and communication systems of science are considered. Science, 1968, 159 (3810), 6-63.
- Kuhn, T, The structure of scientific revolutions. Chicago. University of Chicago, 1970, 2(2) 1970.
- Orduña Malea, E, Ayllón, J. M, Martín-Martín, A & Delgado López-Cózar, E. Methods for estimating the size of Google Scholar. Scientometrics, 2015, 104, 931–949. https ://doi.org/10.1007/s1119 2-015-1614-6 (accessed on 7 January 2019)
- 4. Mayr, P & Walter, A.K. An exploratory study of Google Scholar. Online
Information Review, 2007, 31 814–830. https ://doi.org/10.1108/14684 52071 08417 84 (accessed on 7 January 2019).
- Aguillo & Isidro. Is google scholar useful for bibliometrics? A Webometrics analysis, Scientometrics, 2010, 91(2), 343-351.
- Khabsa, M & Giles, C. L. The number of scholarly documents on the public
web. PLoS ONE, 2014, 9 1–6. https ://doi.org/10.1371/journ al.pone.00939 49 ( accessed on 7 January 2019).
- de Solla Price D. Science, technology, and society: a cross-disciplinary perspective Spiegel-Rosing I, de Solla Price D, eds, SAGE, 1977.
- Garfield, E. The mystery of the transposed journal lists—Wherein Bradford’s Law of
Scattering is generalized according to Garfield’s Law of Concentration. Current Contents, 1971, 3(33).
- de Granda-Orive JI, et al. Spanish productivity in smoking research relative to world and European union productivity from 1999 through 2003, analyzed with the Science Citation Index]. Arch Bronconeumol, 2007, 43, 212–218.
- Karin Vitzthum, et.al. Scientometric Analysis and Combined Density-
Equalizing Mapping of Environmental Tobacco Smoke (ETS) Research, PLoS ONE, 2010, 5, 1-10.
- Jeyasekar, J, J & Saravanan P. Journal of forensic sciences: A Bibliometric study for the period 2006 to 2010. National Conference on Scientometrics and Knowledge Management, Dharwad India, 2013.
- Thomson Reuters. ISI web of knowledge, science citation index expanded, social
science citation index, web of science, 2008. http://thomsonreuters.com/products_services/scientific/ISI_Web_of_Knowledge (accessed 7 January 2019).
- Thomson Reuters. (2008b). Conference proceedings citation index, 2008.
http://www.thomsonreuters.com/products_services/scientific/Conf_Proceedings_CitationIndex (accessed 7 January 2019).
- Adriaanse, L & Rensleigh, C. Web of Science, Scopus and Google Scholar. The Electronic Library, 2013, 31(6), 727–744.
- Bornmann, L, Thor A Marx, W & Schier, H. The application of bibliometrics to research evaluation in the humanities and social sciences: An exploratory study using normalized Google Scholar data for the publications of a research institute. Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology, 2016, 67 (11), 2778–2789.
- Baskaran, C. Research Productivity of Alagappa University during 1999-2010: A Bibliometric study. DESIDOC Journal of Library and Information Technology, 2013, 3(3), 236-242.
- Baskaran, C. Research productivity of enzymes literature: A Scientometric
Study. International Journal of Library Science and Information Management, 2015, 1, 17-25.
- Sivakami, N & Baskaran C. A Scientometric analysis of Research productivity in Swine flue. International Journal of Library and Information studies, 2014, 4(4).
19. Baskaran, C. Publication meant for highly quality research through LIS in India: The Special Reference to DESIDOC Journal of Library and Information Technology (DJLIT). Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal), 2018, 11-20-2018. http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/libphilprac/2031. ( accessed on 20 December 2018).
- Saravanan, S & Baskaran, C. Mapping of Bioremediation Research Output in
India: A Scientometric Study. Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal), 2018. http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/libphilprac/2038/.(accessed on 7January 2019).
- Teixeira da Silva, J A & Dobranszki, J. Multiple versions of the h-index: Cautionary use
for formal academic purposes. Scientometrics, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11192-018-2680-3 (accessed on 8 January 2019).
- Bradford , S. C. Sources of information on specific subjects. Engineering, 1934, 137 85–86.
- Baskaran, C and Rameshbabu, P. (PDF) The substantial research on Quantitative analysis and Publications measure in Forensic Medicine. Library Philosophy and Practice (e-Journal), 2018. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/330212593_The_substantial_research_on_Quantitative_analysis_and_Publications_measure_in_Forensic_Medicine (accessed on Jan 11 2019).
The proposed study aims to analyze that Citations and h-Index variations analyzed based on records of Web of Science (WoS) and Google Scholar Metrics (GSM). The citations and h-Index for research credential of the faculty members in Alagappa University based on both WoS and GSM during 1989-2018. It is found form the analysis the highest output of 262(10.90%) of the publications. in the year 2018, whereas citations found to be 298 for h-Index only 7 acquired by the whole faculty members of Alagappa University for the year 2018. It is analyzed maximum 290 (12.20%) of the publications contributed by the researchers from Central Electro chemical Research Institute was highly collaborated with Alagappa Universities , which has top Citations and h-Index 3852 and 32 respectively. The propounded according to Google Scholar Metrics (GSM) SK Pandian was to be a top ranked researcher, despite his year wise citations shows 4491 and h-Index credited 36 during 2008-2018.