Libraries at University of Nebraska-Lincoln

 

Date of this Version

Winter 1-6-2020

Abstract

This paper has made an attempt to investigate the usage and impact of electronic journals or online journals among the users such as postgraduate students, MPhil scholars, and Ph.D.researchcandidates from the department of School of Social Sciences at Periyar University, Salem, Tamilnadu, India. It foundforthe analysis the filled questionnaires rate was 83% and also found among the four departments, Journalism and Mass Communication department has got ranked first with 24% to fill the questionnaire. The main purpose of this research is to analyze the impact and utilization of electronic journals that are provided by the University Library to the user community. For data analysis, a total of two hundred questionnaires were distributed among the four departments to fill the questionnaire. Out of 200, we received only 166 dully filled questionnaires at a rate of 83%. The result shows that the majority of respondents were female with 61.55% whereasthe remaining was male with 38.45% and the huge number of 73 (43.97%) respondents were postgraduate students. The majority of 83 (50.0%) respondents were preferred to use thepdfformat out of 166 users of the department of the School of Social Sciences. 73 (43.96%) user communities were using electronic journals weekly. Among the 166 respondents, 77 (46.39%) respondents were using the Internet to access electronic journals.

Share

COinS
 
 

To view the content in your browser, please download Adobe Reader or, alternately,
you may Download the file to your hard drive.

NOTE: The latest versions of Adobe Reader do not support viewing PDF files within Firefox on Mac OS and if you are using a modern (Intel) Mac, there is no official plugin for viewing PDF files within the browser window.