Date of this Version
1. VTU, “VTU Consortium,” Visweswaraya Technological University, Handbook 2016
2.D. B. Patil and S. Parameshwar. Use of UGC- Infonet consortium by the faculty members and research scholars in Department of Chemistry of Gulbarga University: A survey, 5th Int. Caliber Punjab Univ. Chandigarh., pp-756-766, 2007.
3.Makkini Anil Kumar, V Pulla Reddy , Use of E-Journals by research scholars in University libraries in Andhra Pradesh, 53(3) pp- 195-202, 2016.
4.Baljinder Kaur and Rama Verma, Use of Electronic Information resources: A case study of Thapar University. DESIDOC Journal of Library & Information Technology. 29(2), pp-67-73, 2009.
5. V.S Cholin, Styabati Thiyam, and others, UGC-Infonet e-journals Consortium : access to scholarly journals and databases to Indian academic community: A status. 2006:1-12, 2006.
6. Prem Chand, et al. Access to e-journals through UGC Infonet Digital Library consortium : A study of usage Trends among the Universities of North East India. In INFLIBNET 6th Convention Planner. Nagaland: Nagaland University. pp. 387-399, 2008
7. Manoj Kumar Sinha, Alakananda Deb, Usage of E-Resources available under INDEST- AICTE consortium by library users of NIT, Silchar, Assam, pp- 191-198, 2015.
8. R. P. Bajpai, B. K. Mal, and G. Bajpai, “Use of e-resources through consortia : A boon to users of Indian University Libraries,” pp-500–503, 2015.
9. Vishala B K and Bhandi, M K. Electronic journal bouquet to Library and Information Science Professionals through UGC-INFONET project. pp-24-29, 2007.
10.Khan Abdul Mannan and Ahmad Naved, Use of e-journals by research scholars at Aligarh Muslim University and Banaras Hindu University. pp-708-717, 2009.
11. S. Vasishta, M. K. Dhanda, and N. Dhingra, Implications of library consortia: How the Indian Libraries are benefited?, In Librarianship in Digital Era pp-1-12, 2012.
12. A.L Moorthy, DRDO e-journals consortium , DESIDOC Journal of Library and Information technology. 29(5), pp18-23, 2009.
13. P. Visakhi, Consortium for e-resources in Agriculture, DESIDOC Journal of Library & Information Technology, 29(5), pp-24-30, 2009
14. R.H. Walmiki, K.C. Ramakrishne gowda and others, Awareness and use of UGC-Infonet digital library consortium by the faculty members of Karnataka state universities, 57, pp-33-43, 2010.
15. Dr. Khaisar Muneebulla Khan and C. Raju, Use of e-resources by science research scholar in Mysore University library: A Case study, Building Knowledge Centres( ICBKC), pp 40-43, 2015.
Aiming at the objectives of the study is to assimilate and estimate the usage of Electronic learning Resources brought out by learned societies, publishers, and distributors to the affiliated technical institutions of the VTU, Belagavi through VTU-Consortium. The study was conducted on Students, and Faculties of the NMAM Institute of Technology (NMAMIT) Nitte, Shri Madhwa Vadiraja Institute of Technology and Management (SMVITM) Udupi, and Moodalakatte Institute of Technology (MIT) Kundapura, which is affiliated to VTU, Belagavi. For this, the structured questionnaires are prepared and randomly distributed to identify their skills in selecting and accessing the information for their academic activities. The collected data from the administered questionnaire were analyzed, tabulated and represented in statistical and graphical form. This study reveals that 100% of library users were aware of the VTU-Consortium, it was found that 54% of users were using electronic resources over, printed resources for their academic purpose and 44%of the users have found difficulties in finding the information. This study has suggested the librarians should focus on user orientation programs on available e-resources under VTU Consortium. By this, users can utilize the resources at the maximum level.