Date of this Version
- Alia Arsnad and Kanwal Ameen (2018) Scholarly Information Seeking of Academic Engineers and Technologists. International Information of Library Review, DOI:10,1080/10572317. 2018.1425970.
- Jeyapaul.P and Kaliyaperumal. K.(2015) Information Seeking Behaviour pattern of Corporate library users challenges and changes, International Journal of library of Information Science, 4(3), 16-25.
- Pareek, A.K. and Rana, Madan. S. (2013). “Study of Information Seeking Behaviour and library use pattern of Researchers in the Banasthali university” Library philosophy and practice, 887
- Hertzum. M and Pejtersen, A.M. (2000). The Information Seeking practice of engineers searching for documents as well as people, Information processing of management, 36, 761-778 .
- Gowda, V. & Shivalingaiyah, D.(2010) Information Seeking Pattern of Reserchers in the university Libraries in Karnataka State. SRELS Journal of Information Management, 47(1) 83-101.
- Jerry Arokiamary Sand Ramesh, C.P. (2009) Information Needs and Information Seeking Patterns, Perceptions of Foreign Students in the University of Mysore. 637-639.
- Xiaoging Dong (203) Searching Information and Evaluation of Internet. A chinese Academic User Survey, International Information and Library Review,35:2-4, 163-187.
- Singh, N and Rani, M (2013) Information Seeking Behaviour of faculty of chitkara University (Punjab). A case Study International Journal of Information Dissemination and Technology, 3(2) 94-98.
- Murugesan, K (2015) utilization of e-resources by Faculty and students of university college of Engineering and Technology, Vallioor, Tamilnadu, “A Study Journal of Advances in Library and Information Science, Vol.4 No 1 p 73-76
- Mahajan. P. (2006). Internet use by researchers: A study of Punjab University, Chandigarh, Library Philosophy and Practice. 8(2) Retrieved from www webpages. Uidaho.edu/mb.lin/Maharajan 2, htm (3 Haren 2018)
Engineers who are faculty members in engineering colleges now-a-days require not only adequate technological ability and problem solving skills, but also the necessary skills live active co-operation, effective communication and presentation, along with business ethics and inter-personal relationship. At present, engineering colleges have in common an additional responsibility properly provide excellent opportunities to every engineering student to properly utilize the technological knowledge.
The study was conducted with the help of a well structured, close-ended questionnaire. The respondents were selected on the basis of stratified random sampling method form the four southern districts of Tamil Nadu at the rate of 140 per district totaling 560 sampling respondents. All the respondents are faculty members from selected engineering colleges in these four districts.
The study concluded that university libraries have adopted all the new information and communication technologies (ICT) and electronic resources and they are efficiently used by the academic faculties. Most of the engineering colleges are provided with the advanced technologies in the departments so as to make effective teaching and research usage. The government has now, taken initiative to undergo several steps to improve the digital library infrastructure.