Date of this Version
- Jeyapragash, G., Muthraj, A., & Rajakumar, T. (2017a). An Analysis of Profile Management System with Special Reference to VIDWAN Database. 11th International CALIBER, 106-112.
- Jeyapragash, B., Rajakumar, T. & Muthraj, A., (2017b). Medical & Health Sciences Research Information System: with Special Reference to INFIBNET “VIDWAN” Database. International Conference on “Libraries beyond Borders: Innovative Trends, Issues and Challenges in Knowledge Dissemination, Library, Christian Medical College, Vellore, 964-969.
- Panda, S. K., & Kannan, P. (2016). Vidwan-A subject expert database and national researcher's network in India: An overview. International Journal of Information Dissemination and Technology, 6(1), 5-9.
- http://https://www.ils.indiana.edu/images/ VivoProgram10.pdf. Accessed 12th March 2020.
- https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/ Accessed 12th March 2020.
- Kannan P, et al. (2017). VIDWAN: Expert Database National Researcher’s Network. Annual Report 2016-17 of INFLIBNET Centrre, Gandhinagar, 19-21
- Evaluation of Vidwan Database: A perspective of Name Authority Control. International Conference on the Exploring the Horizons of Library and Information Sciences: From Libraries to Knowledge Hubs, 7-8th August 2018, Bengalureu. pp.251-258.
- Chaman Sab M, Dharani Kumar P and B. S. Biradar (2018). Examination Expertise Sharing in Engineering & Technology: Using INFLIBNET - Vidwan database. International Journal of Library and Information Studies, 8(2): 78-83.
- Chaman Sab, Dharani Kumar and Biradar (2019). Indian Research Information Network System (IRINS): An Overview. Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal). 3018.
This paper aims to examine the Vidwan database and find the distribution of subject experts in engineering & technology of Deemed Universities in India. Vidwan is the expert database for national researchers network it helps the research community to maintain their academic profile and identify the experts from various subject domains in one place. We collected the data from Vidwan database manually and used Microsoft Excel for analysing the data. Frequency distribution, percentage analysis were used to rank for finding the highly performing the fields of expertise, the academic positions (designation of the researcher), organisations and states. There are about 4365 experts available from the Deemed Universities. Out of these, 1729 experts are available in engineering & technology domain . There are more experts in electrical and electronics engineering. Among the various designations, the experts in the range of Assistant Professors level followed by Professors are in more numbers. Koneru Lakshmaiah Education Foundation and Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology have contributed more experts. Andhra Pradesh is leading in the number of experts in engineering and technology. Tamil Nadu is in third position.