Libraries at University of Nebraska-Lincoln

 

Abstract

The paper presents a bibliometric study of the “Journal of Informetrics”. It publishes four issues per year. The data were downloaded from the journal’s website. The bibliometric analysis has been conducted with 404 contributions published in the journal selected five years for a period between 2016-2020. The study focuses on necessary bibliometric analysis forms, authorship pattern analysis, year wise distribution of articles, issue wise distribution of articles, single and multi authored papers. Findings of the studies pointed towards the advantages and weakness of the journal which are helpful for its further development. The study revealed that that the maximum number of articles i.e 85 (21.04%) were published in the year 2018. The highest number 339 (83.91%) articles were contributed by joint authors and the rest of 65 (16.09%) articles contributed by single author.

Share

COinS
 
 

To view the content in your browser, please download Adobe Reader or, alternately,
you may Download the file to your hard drive.

NOTE: The latest versions of Adobe Reader do not support viewing PDF files within Firefox on Mac OS and if you are using a modern (Intel) Mac, there is no official plugin for viewing PDF files within the browser window.