Libraries at University of Nebraska-Lincoln

 

Date of this Version

Winter 1-26-2022

Abstract

The primary objectives of the study was to determine the impact of integrated management information system on service level in registered private organizations in Takoradi and offer suggestions to improve management information system in private organizations. Specifically, the study determined the effect on confidentiality as a result of integrated management information systems in NGOs in Takoradi, the effect on integrity as a result of integrated management information systems in NGOs in Takoradi, established the availability of the integrated management information systems in NGOs in Takoradi, and also ascertained the accessibility or integrated management information systems in NGOs in Takoradi. The study adopted descriptive survey design. To achieve the stated objectives, data from a field of NGOs in Takoradi were collected and analysed. The research instruments used to collect data were questionnaires, A census of the whole population was carried out and the study targeted 50 registered NGOs using integrated systems. With this, the researchers were able to retrieve 35 completed questionnaires administered, representing 70 percent response rate. Statistical tools such as frequencies and percentages were used to analyse the data in order to tackle the specific research objectives. The first objective of the study determined the effect on confidentiality as a result of integrated management information system in NGOs in Takoradi. The key findings that emerged were that: 1. Majority (82.9%) of the respondents agreed that confidentiality awareness programs are in place. However, the remaining 17.1 percent of the respondents disagreed that confidentiality awareness programs are not in place. Most of the registered NGOs operating in Takoradi have awareness programs in place in relation to confidentiality based on data retrieved from the respondents.

2. All (100%) the respondents indicated that the registered NGOs in Takoradi provides regular and structured training to its employees on confidential and policy of integrated management information system use. With this, employees of various NGOs in Takoradi can gain knowledge and experience. 3. All (100%) the respondents of the various NGOs in Takoradi agreed to the fact that there is defined process in place to coordinate the implementation of information security, measures and programs. 4. In finding out how some various aspects of the organization are properly understood, most NGOS indicated there is great integration between management and information security.

Share

COinS