Date of this Version
- Dimitroff, A. and Arlitsch K. Self-citations in the Library and Information Science Literature, Journal of Documentation, 51 (1) (1995).44 – 56.
- Glänzel, W.; Debackere, K.; Thijs, B.; and Schubert, A. A concise review on the role of author self-citations in information science, bibliometrics and science policy. Scientometrics. 67(2) (2006). 263–277. doi: 10.1007/s11192-006-0098-9.
- Kulkarni, A. V.; Aziz, B; Shams, I. and Busse, J. W. Author Self-citations in the general medicine literature. PLoS ONE . 6 (6) (2011). http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0020885
- Kundu, A. K. Self-citations in Indian library literature. Annals of Library Science and Documentation, 28 (1-4) (1981), 39-41.
- Leblond, M. Author self-citations in the field of Ecology. Scientometrics. 91(3) 2012), 943-953.
- Marie E. McVeigh, Th. R. Journal self-citation in the Journal Citation Reports. http://thomsonreuters.com/products_services/science/free/essays/journal_self_citation_jcr/ 1/2/2013
- Shokeen, A. and Kaushik, S. A. Indian Journal of Plant Physiology: A citation analysis. Annals of Library and Information Studies. 51(3) (2004), 104-107.
- Snyder, H. and Bonzi, S. Patterns of self-citation across disciplines. Journal of Information Sciences. 24 (1998), 431–435. doi: 10.1177/016555159802400606.
- Tiew, W. S. Characteristics of Self-citations in Natural Rubber Research 1988-1997: A Ten year bibliometrics study. Malaysian Journal of Library and Information Science. 5 (1) (1997).
The present study has been carried out on the extent of self-citations in Annals of Library and Information Studies during the period of 2002-2012. The results indicate that 53.72% of the articles contain self-citations. Out of total 5261 citations, the 636 (12.08%) citations are self-citations. Frequency of self-citations per article ranges from one to forty three. Almost 1/5th authors have cited themselves. Most of the citations appear in the present title of the journal. The most self-citing author is V. L. Kalyane from Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai.