Date of this Version
- Abbasi, A.(2001). study of effective skills on critical thinking training in sociology curriculum of high school in 1379-80. Ph.D. dissertation, study of effective skills on critical thinking training in sociology curriculum of high school in, Faculty of Education Sciences, Tehran
- Athari, Z. Sadat, Sharif, M., N. Ward, M., Baba, H. (2009). Assessment of critical thinking skills and their relationship with the university entrance exam rank in students of Isfahan University of Medical Sciences. Iranian Journal of Medical Education, 9(1): 5-12.
- Facione,Peter A(1990). Critical Thinking: What it is and why it counts. Measured reason and the california academic press, Millbrae.
- Ghiasi, M(2007). Critical Thinking role in library and information science Informology, 5(1-2):94-118.
- Hosseini , A., Bahrami, M. (2002) .Comparing critical thinking between BS students of the first and last years. Iranian Journal of Medical Education. 6 : 21-26
- Khosrojerdi, M., Ghorbani (2007) . The relationship of critical thinking and information seeking in M.A students. Informology, 5(1-2): 133-150.
- Weiler, A.(2005). Information-seeking behavior in gereneration Y students : motivation, critical thinking, and learning theory. Journal of Academic Librarianship,31(1) : 46-53 . Abstract Retrieved ,2005 , from ISA Database
The purpose : The aims of this study is to specify faculty members’critical thinking of Islamic Azad University – Babol and its impact on their information seeking behavior.
methodology: Research method is descriptive – survey and the tool used in this study is two questionnaires, including California critical thinking, form B and information seeking behavior. The statistical population consists of 120 faculty board members of Babol Islamic Azad University. The Sampling method was systematic categorical random.
findings: There is no significant relationship between The faculty members’ critical thinking and their Information behavior seeking. There is no significant relationship between critical thinking factors (Analysis, Induction, deduction and evaluation) of faculty member and their Information behavior seeking, but knowledge of Information channels acquisition. Also there is no significant difference between The faculty members’ critical thinking and their Information behavior seeking in different departments.