Partner with Nebraska Innovation Campus
Date of this Version
Nebraska Innovation Campus is connecting the talents of experts, companies and the University of Nebraska to create a unique culture of innovation.
- [0:00] (light electronic guitar music)
- [0:04] Nebraska Innovation Campus connects business
- [0:07] with the University of Nebraska.
- [0:09] We wanted to be close to campus to have a great connection
- [0:12] with the students.
- [0:13] We've used university collaborates
- [0:14] in almost every project that we've done to date.
- [0:17] The University of Nebraska has top programs
- [0:19] in business, engineering, agricultural sciences,
- [0:23] computer science, and software engineering.
- [0:26] Businesses have access to Nebraska faculty and students
- [0:30] for internships, employment, research, and collaboration.
- [0:34] Companies who are looking for leadership
- [0:36] have this talent pool a mile away.
- [0:38] So businesses have the opportunity
- [0:40] to go after these students,
- [0:41] either directly as employees, or through partnering
- [0:43] with the school through design studio.
- [0:45] Software engineering is a pretty prominent program
- [0:48] here at Nebraska.
- [0:50] It's ranked third in the world, in terms of research output,
- [0:53] and its new undergraduate major in software engineering
- [0:56] is the first of its kind in the Big Ten.
- [0:58] About 75% of our employees have started
- [1:01] as undergrads out of UNL.
- [1:03] Both the cost structure here, as well as the ability
- [1:05] to access university talent, those two things
- [1:08] are the things that really made this work for us.
- [1:10] Partners enjoy complimentary
- [1:12] high-speed internet and access to other benefits,
- [1:15] including copy services, conference rooms,
- [1:18] and child care at the UNL Children's Center.
- [1:23] Advancement Suites provide incubation space
- [1:26] for new businesses.
- [1:28] When companies begin, they're often very, very short
- [1:31] on financial resources, and so what we need
- [1:33] to start these companies are very small,
- [1:36] minimally built-out spaces where you can get together
- [1:39] and advance your ideas.
- [1:40] And that's the Innovation Advancement Suites are.
- [1:42] They were perfect for us.
- [1:46] We're minutes from downtown Lincoln.
- [1:48] We have our very own restaurant here on campus,
- [1:51] and transportation is easy between our campus
- [1:53] and the other university campuses.
- [1:55] We built a fiber hotel, in which all fiber carriers
- [1:59] can come in and, for free, in that way partners
- [2:03] can have redundancy from multiple carriers.
- [2:06] Our partners have access to our lovely conference center
- [2:09] here on campus, and they also have access
- [2:11] to core facilities at the University of Nebraska Lincoln.
- [2:15] We have laboratories, pilot plans,
- [2:17] high-tech research greenhouse space.
- [2:20] The biotech connector provides incubation
- [2:23] and acceleration services to bioscience startups
- [2:26] and other research-based businesses.
- [2:29] We can bring in students, post-docs, graduate students,
- [2:32] and that sort of thing, as partners in our team.
- [2:35] Moreover, we've got this space.
- [2:37] And I think that's probably
- [2:38] the really critical thing, is the space.
- [2:40] It gives us a lot more flexibility in the different things
- [2:42] we can do to progress the research further.
- [2:46] Nebraska Innovation Studio
- [2:48] is a community hub for creators.
- [2:52] At the Makers' Space, members collaborate on projects
- [2:55] and share tools.
- [2:57] For a startup, it's been hugely beneficial.
- [3:01] We've done our business cards there,
- [3:02] we've done many, many different things,
- [3:04] like even prototyping for different things
- [3:06] that we will then send out to a vendor,
- [3:08] all the way down to our furniture in our office
- [3:10] that we've built down there.
- [3:13] At Nebraska Innovation Campus,
- [3:15] partners build community.
- [3:17] Whether you're a startup, you're a early-stage company,
- [3:19] whatever, you're always gonna run into similar types
- [3:22] of issues, and so if you have peers to talk to,
- [3:24] then there's a good chance of somebody else
- [3:26] has done the same thing before.
- [3:28] And I love that interaction, it breeds collaboration,
- [3:31] it breeds just relationships with these people,
- [3:34] so I know I can just go talk to somebody if I need to.
- [3:38] Lincoln is just really
- [3:39] on the right track going forward.
- [3:40] Really high-performing talent in your backyard.
- [3:43] Direct connection with faculty research interest.
- [3:46] I love the energy that's around here.
- [3:49] Spaces and culture that inspire.
- [3:51] We welcome businesses to be part of our growth,
- [3:54] to be part of one of the most dynamic growing
- [3:56] research environments in the whole United States.
- [3:59] (upbeat electric guitar music)