Soil Genesis and Development, Scenario 1 - Agroecosystem Soil, Food and Fiber
Date of this Version
Plant and Soil Sciences eLibrary (PASSeL) Lesson
This case study addresses how soil formed in different geographical locations of the world influences food and fiber production.
- Define physical, chemical, and biological weathering processes.
- Identify the factors of soil formation.
- Describe how soil forming factors may interact to produce different soils.
- Identify and describe the main soil horizons.
- Use a map to identify the soil order at a particular geographic location.
- Given the soil order at a specific geographic location, identify the soil forming factors that influenced soil formation.