Date of this Version
24th Range Beef Symposium, Nov. 17-19, 2015, Loveland, Colo.
- Teach cattle to recognize that the home pen is where they want to be.
- Teach cattle to walk in straight lines -‐-‐ exit the home pen – travel with confidence down the alleyway and into the corral – walk past a handler with some element of trust.
- Cattle gravitate toward the feed bunk and water tank more quickly; thereby going on feed more smoothly.
- Enables safer, more effective handler –animal interactions which increases safety at the feed yard.
- Comfortable Cattle = More efficient feed conversion and higher quality beef.
- Acclimated cattle are easier to handle and make the daily workload of the crew more enjoyable.