The mission of the Lester F. Larsen Tractor Test and Power Museum is to collect, preserve, research and interpret the traditions and technologies of agriculture. The museum is housed in the original Nebraska Tractor Test facility on the East Campus of the University of Nebraska in Lincoln. The building was declared an historic landmark by the American Society of Agricultural Engineers and dedicated as a museum in 1980. On May 2, 1998, the museum was officially named to honor Lester F. Larsen, the Chief Engineer for the Nebraska Tractor Test Laboratory from 1946 to 1975. Mr. Larsen (1908-2000) was instrumental in initiating the collection of historic tractor test equipment, as well as acquiring tractors that illustrate key developments in agricultural machinery over the decades.