Date of this Version
1. Assess specific needs for integrating distance education theory and methods into AgLEC by:
a. identifying target audiences and their educational needs.
b. exploring how distance education can enhance AgLEC’s undergraduate, graduate and outreach education.
2. Help faculty learn about distance education – its curriculum implications, methods, and research needs.
3. Implement distance education in curriculum offerings by using courses (or other programs) developed at other sites, and developing and delivering appropriate courses, degree programs, seminars, and/or workshops for clients in cooperation with other institutions or learning centers, when appropriate.
4. Establish an academic home for distance education in IANR to:
a. develop a curriculum that addresses student and faculty educational needs about distance education.
b. conduct research on distance education processes and evaluation of distance education activities.
5. Implement AgLEC distance education offerings in collaboration with Extension, CIT, ETV, A*DEC, VAE, Continuing Studies, Electronically Serving Nebraskans, and NU production units.