Date of this Version
Trafficking in Human Beings:
- Part of the larger system of exploitation of bodies and labour of others for the benefit of capitalist economies driven by consumption
- Reflects the working of the power relations of the neo-liberal capitalist dominance
- Reflects deep philosophical and practical contradictions between sustainability, respect for human rights and capitalism‟s mode of production
- Is a symptom of the larger system of globalised exploitation of gendered and radicalised labour.
- Cannot be eliminated on a symptomatic level
- A long lasting solution: tighter state regulation of labour practices and critical consciousness among members of the general public attuned to local socioeconomic and political contexts