- Askew, D. A., Schluter, P. J. and Gunn, J. M. (2008) 'Research productivity in Australian general practice: what has changed since the 1990s?', Med J Aust, 189(2), 103-4.
- Cloft, H. J., Shengelaia, G. G., Marx, W. F. and Kallmes, D. F. (2001) 'Preliminary reports and the rates of publication of follow-up reports in peer-reviewed, indexed journals', Acad Med, 76(6), 638-41.
- Dandona, L., Raban, M. Z., Guggilla, R. K., Bhatnagar, A. and Dandona, R. (2009) 'Trends of public health research output from India during 2001-2008', BMC Med, 7, 59.
- Dandona, L., Sivan, Y. S., Jyothi, M. N., Bhaskar, V. S. and Dandona, R. (2004) 'The lack of public health research output from India', BMC Public Health, 4, 55.
- Gagnon, R. E., Macnab, A. J. and Gagnon, F. A. (2000) 'A quantitative ranking of Canada's research output of original human studies for the decade 1989 to 1998', CMAJ, 162(1), 37-40.
- Garg, K. C. and Rag, M. K. D. (1988) 'Bibliometric analysis of scientific productivity: a case study of an Indian physics laboratory', Scientometrics, 13(5), 261-270.
- Koganuramah, M., Angadi, M. and Kademani, B. (2002) 'Bibliometric dimension of innovation communication productivity of Tata Institute of Social Sciences', Malaysian Journal of Library and Information Science, 7(1), 69-76.
- Kumbar, M., Gupta, B. M. and Dhawan, S. M. (2008) 'Growth and impact of research output of University of Mysore, 1996-2006: A case study', Annals of Library & Information Studies, 55(3), 3-3.
- Lowcay, B., McIntyre, E., Hale, M. and Ward, A. M. (2004) 'Peer reviewed publication rates. An indication of research output', Aust Fam Physician, 33(4), 284-6.
- Martin, B. R. (1996) 'The use of multiple indicators in the assessment of basic research', Scientometrics, 36(3), 343-362.
- Moed, H. F., Burger, W., Frankfort, J. and Van Raan, A. F. J. (1985) 'The use of bibliometric data for the measurement of university research performance', Research Policy, 14(3), 131-149.
- Sharma, R. M. (2009) 'Research publication trend among scientists of Central Potato Research Institute: A bibliometric study', Annals of library and information studies, 56(1), 29-34.
- Singh, Y., Gupta, B. M. and Kumar, S. (2005) 'Research Contributions and Impact of Research of Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee, 1993 to 2001', Annals of Library & Information Studies, 52(1), 8-14.
- Vasishta, S. (2011) 'Assessment of Academic Research Output during 1996-2009: A Case Study of PEC University of Technology, Chandigarh', DESIDOC Journal of Library & Information Technology, 31(2), 136-142.
Research is the backbone of any subject field, not just required to be undertaken for its survival and sustenance but also for the furtherance of subject scope. Most of the research activities undertaken at any level are aimed towards the welfare and betterment of living being and humans being the first consideration. Medical research has always been the supreme fantasy of humans as it has got direct bearing upon human health and longevity of life. In the present study attempt has been made to have an analysis of medical literature produced in four most primer medical and research institutions of India. To undertake the study, data was retrieved from Web of Science, Thomson Reuters on November 08, 2012 and the analysis is being undertaken on those publications only identified on this particular databank. The study is undertaken with the view to assess the general publication trend of medical sciences in India by undertaking four primer medical institutions under study. Study of the related literature has also been undertaken so as to develop better understanding of the concept and thereby help in the furtherance of its scope.