Date of this Version
- L.Shanta Meitei and Th. Purnima Devi. Farmers information Needs in Rural Manipur: an assessment. Annals of Library and information studies, 2009, 56(2), 35-40
- Tologbonse D; Fashola O. & Obadiah M., Policy Issues in Meeting Rice Farmers Agricultural Information Needs in Niger State, Journal of Agricultural Extension, 2008 , 12(2), 84-94.
- Saravan R, Raja P & Tayeng Sheela; Information input pattern and information need of Tribal Farmers in Arnuchal Pradesh, Indian Journal of Extension Education, 2009, 45 (1&2), 51-54
- Suresh Chandra Babu et. al (2011) Farmers’ information needs and search behaviors: Case study in Tamil Nadu, India, Retrieve from http://ageconsearch.umn.edu/handle/126226
- 5. Akanda A.K.M. & Roknuzzaman Md. (2012), Agricultural Information Literacy of Farmers in the Northern Region of Bangladesh, Retrieve from www.iiste.org/Journals/index.php/IKM/article/download/.../2663
- Information Seeking and Use among Urban Farmers in Kampala District, Uganda Byamugisha Ikoja-Odongo Nasinyama Lwasa, Retrieved from, www.cabi.org/GARA/ShowPDF.aspx?PAN=20083298139
- Malhan I V & Rao Shivarama (2007) Agricultural Knowledge Transfer in India: a Study of Prevailing Communication Channels; Library Philosophy and Practice 200, Retrieved from available at http://www.webpages.uidaho.edu/~malhan/rao.htm
- Census 2011, Retrieved from http://www.census2011.co.in/census/state/maharashtra.html
- Dr. Arvind Kumar Sharma. Information Needs and Sharing Pattern among Rural Women: A Study. IASLIC Bulletin, 2007 52(3), 156-167
- O. J. Okwu and B. I. Umoru, A study of women farmers’ agricultural information needs and accessibility: A case study of Apa Local Government Area of Benue State, Nigeria, African Journal of Agricultural Research Vol. 4 (12), pp. 1404-1409, December, 2009 (Available online at http://www.academicjournals.org/AJAR)
- Saima Sadaf, Asif Javed & Muhammad Luqman, Preferences of Rural Women for Agricultural Information Sources: A Case Study of District Faisalabad–Pakistan, Journal of Agriculture & Social Sciences Available at http://www.fspublishers.org
- Mittal Surabhi & Tripathi Gaurav Role of Mobile Phone Technology in Improving Small Farm Productivity, Journal of Agriculture & Social Sciences, 2009, 22 ( Conference Number), 451-459
- Elizabeth, Sabo. Agricultural information needs of women farmers in Mubi region, Adamawa State; Journal of Tropical Agriculture, 2007 45 (1-2) 69–71
- 6. K Sarada; Community Information Services: Nature & Relevance, DESlDOC Bulletin of Information Technology, 1999, 19 (1), 45-47.
- Hossin, Arman & Islam, Shariful. Information Needs of Rural Women: A study of Three Villages of Bangladesh; Library Philosophy and Practice 2012 available at http://www.webpages.uidaho.edu/~hossin/shariful.htm
- Achigbue Edwin I & Anie Sylvester O, ICTs and Information Needs of Rural Female Farmers in Delta State, Nigeria; Library Philosophy and Practice 2011 available at http://www.webpages.uidaho.edu/~mbolin/achugbue-anie.htm
Nowadays, information is a basic necessity of everyday life. For anything and everything information is required. Information can be obtained or retrieved from a variety of sources. Farmers constitute a particular group of users whose information needs is very specific. The present paper deals with the information needs of the farmer community in rural areas. The study conducted through survey method and reveals that 71 (40.58%) farmers requires daily information for various agriculture work. It is also found that the first preferred sources of the information of the farmers is colleague or fellow farmers following by newspapers and Government office.