- Almind TC, Ingwersen P. (1997). Informetric analyses on the World Wide Web: methodological approaches to webometrics. Journal of Documentation, 53(4), 404–26.
- Bonnevie, E. (2003). A multifaceted portrait of a library and information science journal: The case of the Journal of Information Science. Journal of Information Science, 29, 11-23.
- Campanario, J.M., González, L. and Rodríguez, C. (2006). Structure of the impact factor of academic journals in the ﬁeld of Education and Educational Psychology: citations from editorial board members. Scientometrics, 69(1), 37–56.
- Chuang, K.Y., Huang, Y.L. and Ho, Y.S. (2007). A bibliometric and citation analysis of stroke-related research in Taiwan. Scientometrics, 72 (2), 201-212.
- Cole, S., (1989). Citation and the evaluation of individual scientist. Trends in Biochemical Sciences, 14 (1), 9-13.
- Falagas, M.E., Karavasiou, A.I. and Bliziotis, I.A. (2006). A bibliometric analysis of global trends of research productivity in tropical medicine. Acta Trop, 99, 155-159.
- Fu, H.Z., Ho, Y.S., Sui, Y.M. and Li, Z.S. (2010). A bibliometric analysis of solid waste research during the period 1993-2008. Waste Management, 30, 2410-2417.
- Garcia-Rio, F., Serrano, S., Dorgham, A., Alvarez-Sala, R., Pena, A.R., Pino, J.M., Alvarez-Sala, J.L. and Villamor, J., (2001). A bibliometric evaluation of European Union research of the respiratory system from 1987 to 1998. European Respiratory Journal, 17(6), 1175-1180.
- Hussain, A.; & Fatima, N. (2011). A bibliometric analysis of the ‘Chinese Librarianship: an International Electronic Journal, (2006-2010)’. Chinese Librarianship: an International Electronic Journal, 31. Available in http://www.iclc.us/cliej/cl31HF.pdf
- Kumari, L. (2006). Trends in synthetic organic chemistry research: cross-country comparison of activity index. Scientometrics, 67, 467-476.
- Li, Z. and Ho, Y.S. (2008). Use of citation per publication as an indicator to evaluate contingent valuation research. Scientometrics, 75 (1), 97-110.
- Moed, H.F., Burger, W.J.M., Frankfort, J.G. and Vanraan, A.F.J. (1985). The use of bibliometric data for the measurement of university research performance. Research Policy, 14(3), 131–49.
- Narin, F., Pinski, G. and Gee, H.H. (1976). Structure of biomedical literature. Journal of the American society for Information Science, 27 (1), 24-45
- Schubert, A, Glänzel, W. and Braun, T. (1989). Scientometric dataﬁles: a comprehensive set of indicators on 2649 journals and 96 countries in all major science ﬁelds and subﬁelds 1981–1985. Scientometrics, 16 (1–6), 3-478.
- Singh, Har. (2013). A bibliometric analysis of the Chinese Librarianship: an International Electronic Journal, 2009-2012. Chinese Librarianship: an International Electronic Journal, 35. Available in http://www.iclc.us/cliej/cl35singh.pdf
- Swain, D. K. (2011). Library Philosophy and Practice, 2004-2009: A Scientometric Appraisal.Library Philosophy and Practice; Available in http://unllib.unl.edu/LPP/
- Tsay, M.Y. (2008). Journal bibliometric analysis: A case study on the JASIST. Malaysian Journal of Library & Information Science, 13(2), 121-139.
- Van, J. and Raan, A.F.J. (2005). For your citations only? Hot topics in bibliometric analysis. Measurement: Interdisciplinary Research and Perspectives, 3 (1), 50-62.
- Vergidis, P.I., Karavasiou, A.I., Paraschakis, K., Bliziotis, I.A. and Falagas, M.E. (2005). Bibliometric analysis of global trends for research productivity in microbiology. European Journal of Clinical Microbiology; 24, 342-345.
- Zhou, F., Guo, H.C., Ho, Y.S. and Wu, C.Z., (2007). Scientometric analysis of geostatistics using multivariate methods. Scientometrics, 73 (3), 265-279.
The present study is a bibliometric assessment of scientific research output of Sambalpur University during the 2007 to 2011. Which describes the growth, contribution and impact of research carried out by the faculty members, researchers or students of Sambalpur University. It also attempts to analyze the growth and development of research activity of the university as reflected in publications output covered by ISI Web of Science during the period under study. The study attempt to examines the content of papers published, including the annual average growth rate percent, authorship pattern, degree of collaboration, distribution of citations, organizational affiliation of papers. Subramanyam’s formula is used to calculate degree of collaboration (C), Bradford’s law used to determine scattering of literature in the publication pattern of the university.