Date of this Version
1. Sohil MD, Pandye A,UpadhyayAk(2012). Use of library resources in university libraries by students: a survey with special reference theUniversityofKalian. IASIC Bulletine., 57(2):122-128.
2. Prabhavathi D (2011). Information seeking behaviour of post graduate students of SPMW , Tirupati (A.P): a study . International Journal of Digital Library Service.. 1(1):34-47.
3. Mahajan P (2009). Information seeking behavior: a study ofPunjub University,India. Library Philosophy and Practice(e-journals) (March):1-6.
4. Rahiman S A F ,Tamizhchelven M (2011).Information seeking behavior of students of engineering college in and around Coimbatore : a study. European Journal of Scientific Research. ,61(2) : 265-72.
5. Ranganathan S ,BabuKS(2012).Awareness and use of library information resources and services inOsmaniaUniversity, Hydrabad. International Journal of Library and Information Studies.,2 (3): 42-54.
6. Tahira M , Alias RA, Ameen K (2011).Seeking online information sources among science faculties of developing countries. Library Philosophy and practice(e-journals).
7. Kadli J , Kumbar BD (2011).Faculty information seeking behaviour in changing ICT environment: A study of commerce colleges in Mumbai. Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journals).
8. Siddique S (2011).Information seeking behaviour of B.Tech and M.B.B.S students in Lucknow: a comparative study. International research: Journal of Library and Information Science., (1):55-69.
This study is an investigation of use of library resources, user’s satisfaction on library resources & services and information seeking behaviors of the students and research scholars of Tezpur University. 200 questionnaires were distributed among students and research scholars of Tezpur University to collect relevant data. 79.5 %( 159) library users responded where 32 .07 %( 51) respondents visited Central library, Tezpur University everyday for borrowing library books. It is found that 82.39%(131 ) users borrowed text books,(79.87%)(127) consulted journals and 75.47%(120) read News papers to meet their information needs. Library is playing vital role to meet multidimensional demands of students, and research scholar for information and knowledge. It is felt that user guidance is necessary to help library users to meet their information needs and make users aware of the available library resources and services.