Date of this Version
1. Ukperbor, C.O. 2012 .Restoring the library OPAC toward usability by undergraduate students of theUniversityofBenin. International journals of Science and Technology. 1(4):184-88.
2. Ebiwolate, P.B. 2010.The use of the library catalogue by undergraduate students inNIGERDeltaUniversitylibrary. Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal).
3. Islam, M. 2010. The use of the library catalogue by undergraduate. Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal).
4. Hussain, R and Ansari, M. A. 2006.From catalogue to web OPAC. DESIDOC Bulletin of information Technology.26 (2):41-7.
5. Aruna, A. 1998.Online Public Access catalogue. DESIDOC Bulletin of Information technology. 8(.5):3-8.
6. Sankari, R. L, Chinnasamy, K and Balasubramaniam, P .2013. A study on the use of online pubic access catalogue (OPAC) by students and faculty members of Unnamalai instituteof Technologyin Kovilpatti(Tamil Nadu). International Journal of Library and Information Studies. 3(1):17-26.
7. Singh, R. P, Naidu G.H.S. and Jadon G. S.2008. Use of online public access catalogue in Devi Ahilya University Library Indore. SRELS Journal of Information Management. 45(.1):55-62.
8. Kumar, S and Vohra, R. 2011.Use of online public access catalogue in GuruNanakDevUniversitylibrary, Amritsar: a study. SRELS Journal of Information Management, 48 (5):519-28.
9. Nath, A and Sharma, A 2006. Use of Online Public Access Catalogue by the Research Scholars inPanjabUniversityLibrary,Chandigarh: A Survey. Library Herald 44 (3): 212-22.
10. Mulla, K. R. and Chandrashekara, M. 2009.Access of Web-OPAC in Engineering College Libraries in Karnataka: A survey. SRELS Journal of Information Management, 46(3):321-32.
10. Devendra and Nikam. K. 2013. Attitudes of law university library users towards the use of OPAC/Web OPAC in Andhra Pradesh: A study. SRELS Journal of Information Management. 50(3): 327- 35.
12. Velmurugan V. S., Amudha G. (2012) “Usage patterns of OPAC among faculty members in Indian colleges. Mass Communicator: In International Journal of Communication Studies. 6(3): 37-40
13. Narang and Singh S. 2013. Use of online pubic access catalogue by the research scholars of Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar: A study. SRELS Journal of Information Management. 50(2):191-200
The purpose of this study is to investigate the use and user satisfaction on Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) services at Tezpur University. This study attempted to investigate the frequency, purpose of use and to find out the problems faced by the B.Tech students while using OPAC. Attempt also made to investigate user’s awareness about the benefit of OPAC service. The final result revealed that 51.03 %( 199) respondents used OPAC everyday to locate document on shelves. Lack of skills to use OPAC independently, lack of awareness about OPAC and lack of proper guidance to use OPAC were the major problem faced by the users while using OPAC. It is observed that of 76.67 %( 299) respondents were aware that OPAC help borrowers to locate document by author, title or by subject on the shelves. It is also observed that 72.05 %( 281) respondents aware that it help easy search different categories of documents such as book, thesis, report, back vol. etc. by changing the types of document categories. Finding revealed that satisfaction level of B.Tech students of school of engineering were quite encouraging and they were very much satisfied with the performance and quality of OPAC services.