Through their experience in Math in the Middle, teachers:
* build strong mathematics content knowledge
* study and practice the art of pedagogy
* develop the ability to conduct action research about their teaching practices
* cultivate leadership skills
* apply this knowledge and skill in their classrooms, schools and districts
With the focus of developing strong intellectual leaders, the Math in the Middle Institute Partnership (also referred to as M2 or M Squared) has partnered with the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Lincoln Public Schools, ESUs and rural school districts.