Date of this Version
• Chronic wasting disease (CWD) recently has been identified in more free-ranging and captive cervids at additional locations in New Mexico, Wisconsin, and Colorado.
• An outbreak of low pathogenicity avian influenza (LPAI) virus apparently has been contained in domestic poultry in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia.
• West Nile Virus Continues to Spread
• Update on Cryptosporidium and Giardia in Wildlife
• The accurate diagnosis of epizootic hemorrhagic disease virus (EHDV) in white-tailed deer
• In June of 2002, the Disney Wildlife Conservation Fund made a contribution to help support SCWDS' continuing investigations of avian vacuolar myelinopathy (AVM).
• A 2-day symposium called Brucellosis in the Greater Yellowstone Area will be held at the Snow King Resort in Jackson, Wyoming, September 17-18, 2002.
• A new 30-minute VHS videotape on chronic wasting disease (CWD) in captive and freeranging deer and elk is now available from the Wyoming Game and Fish Department.
• The Arcadia Wildlife Preserve, Inc. has recently contributed to our projects regarding AVM in bald eagles and in the past helped sponsor our investigations of the causes of morbidity and mortality among endangered Key deer.
• The Camp-Younts Foundation provides scholarships and support for persons and programs in its home community in Southampton County, Virginia, and supports projects associated with education, religion, public safety, health, natural resource conservation, and community activities that help the needy.
• Recent SCWDS Publications Available