Date of this Version
Thesis (M.A.)—University of Nebraska—Lincoln, 1937. Department of School Administration.
The writer has been the superintendent of two small schools that were greatly in need of building room for music, auditorium, and gymnasium activities.The cost of building stood in the way of securing new and suitable facilities in each instance.The cost of providing three separate units for the three activities would have been practically prohibitive.
The purpose of this study is to provide a plan for a combination music-auditorium-gymnasium room for small high schools.
Some of the results of this study are:
1) The combination room has a master switchboard.
2) Ample lighting outlets are provided.
3) Both artificial light and natural light are provided for all rooms where needed.
4) Heat control is automatic.
5) There are drinking fountains in the corridors.
Advisor:Knute O. Broady