Date of this Version
Agricultural Research Division 100th Annual Report, July 1, 1985, to June 30, 1986, Agricultural Research Division, Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources, University of Nebraska.
This 100th Annual Report contains lists of current faculty, active projects, refereed journal publications, brief descriptions of research in selected areas, and the financial report for the period July 1, 1985, through June 30, 1986. Research programs in agriculture, home economics, and natural resources at the University of Nebraska have changed greatly since the U.S. Congress approved the establishment of an Agricultural Experiment Station in each state with the passage of the Hatch Act on March 2, 1887. Although Hatch funds account for a smaller proportion of the total research expenditures in the program today, this legislation continues to be an important source of funding for addressing priority problems that require long-term research projects.
Faculty conducting research in agriculture, home economics, and natural resources in the University of Nebraska Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources carry research appointments in the Agricultural Research Division. Most faculty are on joint appointments with teaching responsibilities in the College of Agriculture or the College of Home Economics or serve as extension specialists with appointments in the Cooperative Extension Service. As of June 30, 1986, the 136 full-time equivalents in the Agricultural Research Division were distributed among 200 faculty.
The Agricultural Research Division faculty are located on the East Campus of the University of Nebraska in Lincoln and at the District Research and Extension Centers at Clay Center, Concord, North Platte, and Scottsbluff. The University of Nebraska Agricultural Research