Libraries at University of Nebraska-Lincoln

 

Abstract

Purpose – The aim of this paper is to investigate the research output performance of LIS Professionals and to study the citation analysis of all the journal articles published in the Library Management Journal during 2010-2012 is carried out.

Design/methodology/approach – The data for this study were drawn from a selective sample from Library Management e-journal available through the Kuvempu University web site subscribed through UGC-INFONET. A total of 139 articles published during 2010 to 2012 with 3053 citations. The analysis cover mainly the number of articles, authorship pattern, subject wise distribution of articles, average number of references per articles, forms of documents cited, Rank list of Journals, Bradfords Law.

Findings –The study reveals that journals (50.37% of citations) are the most preferred sources of information used by the researchers in the field of LIS. It is followed by web resources with 19.26%, these two together constitute 69.63% of total citations and remaining 30.37% of citations from books, proceedings, theses, reports and gazetteer. Library Review (UK) has ranked the first with 31 (1.91%) citations. Further, Bradford’s Law of Scattering was applied. It is observed that major citations are from journal literature. In addition, more cited materials were contributed by Multi authors and Degree of collaboration is 0.40.

Research limitations/implications – This paper focuses on the publication traits of Library management journal during the period 2010 to 2012. The paper present a sense of the importance of LIS research, and as such inform that community, as well as researchers involved in citation analysis.

Originality/value – This paper provides valuable insights into the nature of academic publishing published in Library management. The outcome of the study is an original research work with citation analysis of LIS Publications. . It can help the researchers, professionals, teachers and students to understand the publication trend, valuable contributions, highly cited journals, country productivity, and other parameters.

Share

COinS
 
 

To view the content in your browser, please download Adobe Reader or, alternately,
you may Download the file to your hard drive.

NOTE: The latest versions of Adobe Reader do not support viewing PDF files within Firefox on Mac OS and if you are using a modern (Intel) Mac, there is no official plugin for viewing PDF files within the browser window.