- Aravinda, P & Reddy P.V. (1989). Literature of Archaeological Anthropology: a citation analysis, Annals of Library Science and Documentation.36:85-90
- Cronin,B.(1981). The need for a theory of citing. Journal of Documentation. 37:16-24.
- Dutta,B &Sen,B.K.(2001). Indian journal of Chemistry section A-an analysis of citation pattern. Annals of Library and Information Studies.48:121-127.
- Dutta, B, Das A.K, & Sen B.K. (2002).A comparative study of citation patterns among eight scholarly journals published by National Institute of Science Communication and Information Recourses. Annals of Library and Information Studies. 49:127-134
- Garfield, E. (1972). Citation analysis as a tool in journal evaluation. Science. 178:471-479
- Gupta,D.K(1983).Chndarasekhar: winner of the 1983 Nobel Prize for Physics a citation analysis of his works. Annals of Library and Information Studies.30:177-184
- Maiti, D.C & Dutta,B.(2013). Comparative Study between words in titles and Keywords of some articles on Knowledge organization. DESIDOC Journal of Library & Information Technology, 33: 498-508
- Martyn, J. (1975). Citation analysis. Journal of Documentation, 31, 4; 1975.p290-297.
- Monoj,K and Moorthy,A.L(2011). Bibliometric analysis of DESIDOC Journal of Library and Information Technology during 2001-2010. DESIDOC Journal Of Library And Information Technology.31:203-208.
- Okiy , R. B. (2003).A citation analysis of education dissertations at the Delta State University, Abraka, Nigeria. Collection Building. 22:158-161.
- Reddy,C.K, Reddy,C.A.P.(2014). Bibliometric study of citation in Ph. D theses in Mathematics accepted by Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati. IASLIC Bulletin, 59:31-143.
- Retrieved from http://www.scirp.org/journal/aa/
- Retrieved from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bibliometrics
- Sahoo,S, Maiti D.C & Mahato B.(2015). Department wise citation and h index analysis of IIT Kharagpur during the year 2010-2014,International Journal of Innovative Knowledge Concept,1: 51-61
- Scales,P. A.(1976).citation analyses as indicators of the use of serials: a comparison of ranked title lists produced by citation counting and from use data. Journal of Documentation.32:17- 25.
- Subramanyam,K.(1983).Bibliometric studies of research collaboration: A review. Journal of Information Science. 6:33-38
- Tsay,M.(2013). Knowledge input for the domain of information science: A bibliometric and citation analysis study. Aslib Proceedings. 65:203-220.
- Verma,M. (1994).Citation analysis of some selected journals in Economics. Annals of Library and Information Studies.41:33-39
- Williams, R.B. (2011). Citation systems in the biosciences: a history, classification and descriptive terminology. Journal of Documentation.67:995-1014.
- Zafrunnisha, N & Reddy, P. (2009).Authorship pattern and degree of collaboration in psychology. Annals of Library and Information Studies.56:255-261
Abstract: The study is based on the articles published in the open access journal, Advances in Anthropology during the year 2013-2014 covering 59 articles in 8 issues having 1750 citations. Data has been collected from Advances in Anthropology from the Directory of Open Access Journals. Data has been analyzed by using excel sheet by year, types of document, trend of research, author productivity, journal productivity etc. The citation study has been carried out to find out the various sources of literature used by the researchers in the field of Anthropology. A rank list of journals is also prepared to find out the core journals based on the citation frequencies. Applicability of Bradford’s Law of scattering is tested here to identify the core journals in the field of anthropology. Lotka’s Law of Author Productivity is also tested to find out the most active authors in anthropology. Authorship Pattern has been studied to know whether collaborative or individual research is mostly done in the field of Anthropology. In this way trend of research, growth of research, type of documents, etc are analyzed. It has been observed that the articles published in the year 2007 have been cited maximum number of times i.e. 140 times and the journal Nature is the most popular journal for the anthropologists. Bradford’s Law of Journal Productivity is applicable but Lotka’s Law of Author’s Productivity does not follow here. From the study it has also been identified that individual research is more prominent than collaborative research and Physical Anthropology is the most promising field of research.