Date of this Version
- Angadi, M. et al. (2006). Publication productivity of Tata Institute of Social Sciences: a Scientometric Study. SRELS Journal of Information Management, 43 (4), 363-374.
- DFID. (2011). Mapping of social science research in India: A Mapping Report. (2011, September). South Asia Research Hub, 1-21. Retrieved March 22, 2016 from http://r4d.dfid.gov.uk/pdf/outputs/mis_spc/60911-MappingReport_social_science.pdf
- Goel, K. (2001). Bibliometrics of Social Science Research in India. University News, 39 (15), 9-11.
- Gupta, B. M., & Mahesh, G. (2013). A comparative Analysis of Social Sciences Research Publications in four South Asian countries. Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal), Paper 956. Retrieved May 12, 2015 from http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/libphilprac/956
- 5. Gupta, B. M., Dhawan, S. M., & Singh, U. (2009). Social Science Research in India, China and Brazil- A Comparative Study. DESIDOC Journal of Library & Information Technology, 29 (2), 15-23.
- Gupta, B. M., Kumbar, B. D., & Gupta, R. (2013). Social Science Research in India: A Scientometric Analysis of Publications (2001-10). DESIDOC Journal of Library & Information Technology, 33 (6), 442-450.
- ICSSR. (2007). Restructuring the Indian Council of Social Science Research, Report of the Fourth Review Committee, New Delhi, Indian Council of Social Science Research.
- Kousha, K., & Thelwall, M. (2007). The Web Impact of Open Access Social Science Research. Library and Information Science Research, 29, 495-507.
- Mahapatra, R. K., & Sahoo, J. (2004). Doctoral Dissertations in Library and Information Science in India 1997-2003: A Study. Annals of Library and Information Studies, 51 (I), 58-63
- Mangala, P. B. (1998). Access to Social Science Information. DESIDOC Journal of Library & Information Technology, 18 (4), 3-7.
- Pandian, M. S. S. (2002). Social Sciences in South India: A Survey. Economic and Political Weekly, August 2002, 3613-3627.
- Papola T. S. (2010). Social Science Research in Globalising India: Historical Development and Recent Trends. Institute for Studies in Industrial Development (ISID) working paper (WP2010/05), May 2015, 1-14. Retrieved March 29, 2016 from http://isidev.nic.in/ or http://isid.org.in/
- Singh, S. P., & Babar, P. (2014). Doctoral Research in Library and Information Science in India: Trends and Issues. DESIDOC Journal of Library & Information Technology, 34 (2), 170-180.
- Sudhier, K. G., and Abhila, I. S. 2011. Publication Productivity of Social Scientists in the Centre for Development Studies, Thiruvananthapuram: A Bibliometric Analysis. 8th International CALIBER - 2011, Goa University, Goa, March 02-04, 2011, 661-679.
- Tyagi, K. G., and Johri, N. 2004. International Collaborations in Social Science Research in India.Universities News, 42 (13), 10-19.
- University Grants commission: Annual Report. Retrieved December 5, 2015 from http://www.ugc.ac.in/pdfnews/7938259_Annual-Report-2013-14.pdf
- University News, Association of Indian Universities. Retrieved December 5, 2015 from http://www.aiuweb.org/university/universitynews.asp
The very purpose of the paper is to focus on the output of doctoral research in different fields of Social Sciences in India. Attempts have been made to project various indicators of Social Science research and more comprehensively Library and Information Science research by analyzing doctoral research works carried out during the period 2010-2012. While presenting quantification of research output in the form doctoral theses for the period of study, the paper highlights distribution of research output by discipline, language, ranking pattern of Universities, States, and supervisors by their output. The paper also indicates the core areas of research activity in the field of Library and Information Science during the study period.
Anthropology Commons, Economics Commons, Education Commons, Geography Commons, Journalism Studies Commons, Library and Information Science Commons, Political Science Commons, Psychology Commons, Public Affairs, Public Policy and Public Administration Commons, Sociology Commons