Date of this Version
- Leydesdorff L, Milojevic S (2013. Scientometrics arXiv: 1208.4566, forthcoming in: Lynch M (editor), International Encyclopedia of Social and Behavioral Sciences subsection 85030.
- Lewis BR, Templeton GF, Luo X (2007). A scientometric investigation into the validity of IS journal quality measures. Journal of the Association for Information Systems 8(12): 619–633.
- van Raan A (1996). Scientometrics: State-of-the-art. Scientometrics 38(1):208–218.
- Serenko A, Bontis N (2004). Meta-review of knowledge management and intellectual capital literature: Citation impact and research productivity rankings. Knowl. Process Manage 11(3): 185–198.
- Vob S, Zhao X (2005). Some steps towards a scientometric analysis of publications in machine translation. Proc. IASTED Int. Conf. Artif. Intell. Appl: 651–655.
- Al-Khalifa HS(2014). Scientometric assessment of Saudi publication productivity in computer science in the period of 1978-2012. International Journal of Web Information Systems 10(2):194-208.
- Iroaganachi MA, Itsekor, V, Osinulu, I (2014). Citation analysis of social science research: a case study of bachelor degree research project reports of a Nigerian University 2009-2013. Library Philosophy and Practice.
- Hosein Mardani A, Abdiazar S (2014).Global research status in leading nuclear science and technology journals during 2001-2010: A bibliometric analysis based on ISI Web of Science. Library Review 63(4/5):324-339.
- Young B (2014). What do engineering researchers cite? A citation analysis study of sixteen engineering journals. Issues in Science and Technology Librarianship: 75.
- Bala M, Singh M P (2014). A Scientometric Study of Journal of Bio-chemistry and Biophysics (ijbb). Library Philosophy and Practice, 0_1.
- Roy SB, Basak M (2013). Journal of Documentation: a bibliometric study. Library Philosophy and Practice, 1.
- Ardanuy J (2013). Sixty years of citation analysis studies in the humanities (1951–2010). Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology 64(8): 1751–1755.
- Singh KP, Bebi M (2013).Citation Analysis of PhD Theses in Sociology Submitted to University of Delhi during 1995-2010. DESIDOC Journal of Library & Information Technology 33(6): 489-493.
- Bakri A, Willett P (2011). Computer science research in Malaysia: a bibliometric analysis. Aslib Proceedings 63(2/3): 321-335.
- Swain C, Swain DK, Rautaray B (2013).Bibliometric analysis of Library Review from 2007 to 2011. Library Review 62(8/9): 602-618.
- Maharana B, Majhi S, Bihari Sethi B (2011). Citation analysis of top research papers in chemistry with specific reference to India. Library Review 60(6): 501-512.
- Hussain A, Swain DK. (2011). A citation analysis of top research papers of computer science. International Research: Journal of Library and Information Science 1(2).
- Nwagwu W, Egbon O (2011). Bibliometric analysis of Nigeria's social science and arts and humanities publications in Thomson Scientific databases. The Electronic Library 29(4): 438-456.
- Tsay Ming-Yueh (2011). A Bibliometric Analysis on the Journal of Information Science. Journal of Library and Information Science Research 5(2): 1-28.
- Subramanian K (1983). Bibliometric studies of research collaboration: A review. Journal of Information Science 6(1): 33-38.
- Rowlands I (2005). Emerald authorship data, Lotka's Law and research productivity. Aslib Proceedings 57(1): 5-10.
- Singh G, Mittal R, Ahmad M (2007). A bibliometric study of literature on digital libraries. The Electronic Library 25(3): 342-348.
- Zainab AN, Ani KWU, Anur NB (2009). A single journal study: Malaysian Journal of Computer Science. Malaysian Journal of Computer Science 22(1): 1-18.
- Hussain A, Fatima N (2011). A bibliometric analysis of the ‘Chinese Librarianship: an International Electronic Journal, (2006-2010)’. Chinese Librarianship: an International electronic journal: 31.
- Bradford SC (1985). Sources of information on specific subjects. Journal of information Science 10:176-180.
A scientometric analysis of the Journal of King Saud University-Computer and Information Sciences (JKSU-CIS) 2004-2015 has been conducted. The study explains on the various aspects of the Journal, such as its distribution of article by year, authorship patterns, authors’ degree of collaboration, authorship productivity pattern, distribution of citations by bibliographical forms, subject distributions, citation patterns, rank of cited authors, and geographical distributions of authors. This paper also highlighted institution by distributions and application of Bradford’s law of scattering. The results of this study provide a better understanding of patterns, trends and other important factors as a basis for directing research activities, sharing knowledge and collaborating in the area of computers science research