- Auer, S., Bizer, C., Kobilarov, G., Lehmann, J., Cyganiak, R., & Ives, Z. (2007). Dbpedia: A nucleus for a web of open data. In The semantic web (pp. 722-735). Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg.
- Braunschweig, K. et al (2012). The State of Open Data: Limits of Current Open Data Platforms. Retrieved from http://www2012.org/proceedings/nocompanion/wwwwebsci2012_braunschweig.pdf
- Chan, L. M., & Zeng, M. L. (2006). Metadata interoperability and standardization–a study of methodology part I. D-Lib Magazine, 12(6), 1082-9873. Retrieved from http://www.dlib.org/dlib/june06/chan/06chan.html.
- Data Catalog Vocabulary. (2018). Retrieved January 10, 2018 from http://www.w3.org/TR/vocab-dcat/
- Data.gov. (2018). Retrieved January 18, 2018 from http://data.gov/.
- Data.gov.au. (2018). Retrieved December 23, 2017 from http://data.gov.au/.
- Data.gov.in (2018). Retrieved January 22, 2018 from http://data.gov.in/.
- Data.gov.uk. (2018) Retrieved February 15, 2018 from http://data.gov.uk/.
- Data.govt.nz. (2018). Retrieved January 31, 2018 from http://data.govt.nz/.
- Davies, T. (2010). Open Data, Democracy and Public Sector Reform: A look at Open Government Data use at data.gov.uk. Retrieved January 12, 2018 from www.opendataimpacts.net/report/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/How-isopen-government-data-being-used-in-practice.pdf.
- Dekkers, M., Polman, F., te Velde, R., & de Vries, M. (2006). Measuring European Public Sector Information Resources. Final Report of Study on Exploitation of public sector information–benchmarking of EU framework conditions. Retrieved December 15, 2018 from https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/news/mepsir-measuring-european-public-sector-information-resources-final-report-study-exploitation-0.
- Free File Format Definition. (2007). Retrieved February 15, 2018 form http://www.linfo.org/free_file_format.html.
- Kenya Open Data. (2018). Retrieved February 05, 2018 from https://opendata.go.ke/.
- Mustafa, M. (2012). Corporate Use of Open Government Data. Retrieved December 13, 2018 from https://www.open3.at/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/MM-OGD-JH-Final-v2.pdf.
- Nugroho, R. (2013). A comparison of open data policies in different countries: Lessons learned for an open data policy in Indonesia. Retrieved from http://repository.tudelft.nl/view/ir/uuid%3Aae4e0a64-579d-40c4-bed0-d51614ddea9c/.
Open Government Data Principles. (2015). Retrieved December 13, 2017 from https://public.resource.org/8_principles.html.
Open Government Data. (2015). Retrieved December 03, 2017 from http://opengovernmentdata.org/about/.
- Sayogo, D. S., Pardo, T. A., & Cook, M. (2014, January). A framework for benchmarking open government data efforts. In System Sciences (HICSS), 2014 47th Hawaii International Conference on (pp. 1896-1905). IEEE.
- Ubaldi, B. (2013). Open government data: Towards empirical analysis of open government data initiatives. OECD Working Papers on Public Governance, (22), 0_1.
- Worldwide Open Data Sites. (2013). Retrieved December 13, 2017 from
The problems of open data government sites are mainly in the way data is presented by various government data repositories. There are no metadata standards, specifications, or protocols to achieve better discoverability and interoperability. This paper aims to find a way to solve the problems with open data government sites and propose a framework to provide web based data services which will be semantically structured and also propose a common metadata standard or mechanism for interoperability. Six data government sites have been selected for the study, according to the more number of dataset available and also to cover all continents of the world (followed convenience sampling logic). A framework has been suggested in this paper and it is expected that some government sites may follow the framework in the near future.