Date of this Version
- Abu, R. (2014). Community Development and Rural Public Libraries in Malaysia and Australia. Retrieved September 20, 2017,from http://vuir.vu.edu.au/24833/1/Roziya%20Abu.pdf
- Abu, R. (2011). The Role of the Rural Public Library in Community Development and Empowerment. The International Journal of the Book,8(2). Retrieved September 19,2017,fromhttps://codeethiopiadigitalbooks.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/rolecommunitylibrary.pdf
- Banik, S. D. (2009). Sexual Dimorphism in Health and Nutritional Status of three Communities of Darjeeling District in West Bengal and comparison with some other populations in Eastern India: An Anthropometric Appraisal. Journal of Life Science,1(1), 27-34.
- Bandopadhyay, R. (2008). Sharing Traditional knowledge and cultures of different tribes of West Bengal. Paper presented at the World Library and Information Congress: 74th IFLA General Conference.
- Biswas, S. (2008). The Dhimals-A little known tribal group of sub Himalayan West Bengal: Historical perspectives. Study of Tribes and Tribals, 6(2), 117-121.
- Chakrabarti, B. (1999). Information seeking behavior in the toto community.Vidyasagar University, Medinipur.
- Chakrabarti, B., Chatterjee, A., Paul, A., Dey, A., Barman, A., Naskar, D., Dutta,G., Mullick, J., Paik, K., Saha, K., Dutta, K., Bhattacharyya, N., Mondal, P.,Ari, R., Ghoshal,S., Roy, T. (2011). Information Need of the “MechCommunity” in Mahakalguri of Jalpaiguri District. The Calcutta Review, 13(1&2), 66-101.
- Chakrabarti, B., Maity, A., Karan, A.K., Roy, D., Chakraborty, S., Chatterjee, A.,Dutta,G., Sengupta, S., Seal, S., Pal, S., Das, A., Pal, A., Singh, B.R.,Halder,B.K., Biswas,P.S., Das, P.R., Naskar, P.R., Goswami, S., Naskar, S.(2011). Information Need of Mech Community at MaaBhandani hat in Jalpaiguri District. Calcutta University Journal of Information studies, (13), 63-112.
- Chang, P.L., & Hsieh, P.N. (1997). Customer involvement with services in public library. Asian Libraries, 6 (3).
- Das, A.K. (1991). Traditional and Modern Occupations of the Tribal Communities of West Bengal. In A. K. Das (Eds.), West Bengal tribes: Socio-economic and cultural life (pp.355-387). Calcutta: Cultural Research Institute.
- Dent, V. F. (2006). Modelling the rural community library: characteristics of the Kitengesa Library in rural Uganda. New Library World,107(1220/1221), 16-30.
- Directorate of Library Services West Bengal. Retrieved September 05, 2017, from http://www.wbpublibnet.gov.in/dls_mvc/home/services
- District Census Handbook : Paschim Medinipur : Village and Town wise Primary Census Abstract (2011). Retrieved June 20, 2017 from http://www.censusindia.gov.in/2011census/dchb/1918_PART_B_DCHB_PASCHIM%20MEDINIPUR.pdf
- Employment & Backward Class Welfare,PaschimMedinipurZillaParishad. (2017).Retrieved August 10, 2017 from http://www.zpmidwest.org/backclass.php.
- Ghatak, P. (2008). Problems of Tribal Identity: A case study of Savara and Lodha Tribes of West Bengal. The Fourth World, (28), 119-134.
- Isa, H (2010), 'Effective Institutional Arrangement in Rural Development: Malaysia', University of Glasgow.
- Majumder, K. (2016). Community Information Services through Public Libraries and Information Centres: an experience in West Bengal, India, Qualitative and Quantitative Methods in Libraries (QQML), (5), 797-804, Retrieved September 19, 2017,fromhttp://www.qqml.net/papers/December_2016_Issue/544QQML_Journal_2016_Majumder_797-804.pdf
- Millar, P. and S. Kilpatrick. (2005). How community development programmes can foster re-engagement with learning in disadvantaged communities: Leadership as process.Studies in the Education of Adults, 37(1), 18-30.
- Risley, H.H. (1981). The tribes and castes of Bengal: Ethnographic Glossary. Calcutta: Firma KLM, (2), 86-94.
- Statistical Profile of Schedule Tribes in India 2013. New Delhi : Ministry of Tribal Affairs,Government of India. Retrieved June 18, 2017 from http://www.tribal.nic.in/ST/StatisticalProfileofSTs2013.pdf.
- Terluin, IJ & Post, JH (2001). Key Messages on Employment Dynamics in Leading and Lagging Rural Regions of the EU, the International Institute for Applied Analysis (IIASA), Laxenburg, Austria, and the Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, Poland.
Public libraries play an important role in promoting rural community development of rural areas. Information needs of rural public library users (especially backward community people with lower income group) are different from other public library users. To study their need, a survey has been conducted on Lodha community in Senna and Chandana Mouza at Keshiary block of Paschim Medinipur. A structured questionnaire was prepared to collect data from different economically backward public library users. The aim of our study is to know the basic community information needs and information seeking pattern of public library users of Keshiary block, Paschim Medinipur. Some case studies also have been incorporated to analysis their need. The study has clearly shown that, it is necessary to make public library in every rural village and make the economically backward people aware about the need and importance of the rural public library. So, state government should take steps for the proper growth, recruitment, and development of rural public libraries located in the remote areas of West Bengal.