- Patra, S. K., Bhattacharya, P. and Verma, N., Bibliometric study of literature on bibliometrics. DESIDOC Bulletin of Information Technology, 2006, 26 (1), 27-32.
- Prathap, G., Bibliometrics–problems and promises. Current Science, 2015, 108 (2), 147-148.
- Garfield, Eugene and Cawkell, A.E., Citation analysis studies. Science, 1975, 1(89), 397.
- Karpagam, R., Global research output of nano-biotechnology research: a scientometrics study. Current Science, 2014, 106 (11), 1490-1499.
- Mishra, Vinod Kumar and Sarangi, Sunil Kumar. Relevance of bibliometric study in ranking/performance of the institutes: A case study. In CALIBER 2015, Shimla, HP. http://hdl.handle.net/1944/1858 (accessed on 10 October 2017).
- Tanaka, H. and Ho, Y. S. Global trends and performances of desalination research. Desalination and Water Treatment, 2011, 25(1-3), 1-12.
- Gopikuttan, A. and Aswathy, S. Publication productivity of University of Kerala: A scientometric view. DESIDOC Journal of Library and Information Technology. 2014, 34(2), 131-39.
- Jeevan, V. and Gupta, B. M. A scientometric analysis of research output from Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur. Scientometrics, 2002, 53 (1), 165-168.
- Subramanyam, K. Bibliometric Study of Research Collaboration: A Review. Journal of Information Science, 1993, 6 (1), 33-38.
- https://apps.webofknowledge.com/ (accessed on 12.10.2017).
The paper reveals the research productivity of the scientist of Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Mumbai, India during the year 2001-2015. The study is an analysis of total productivity of TIFR with comparing its Astronomical research productivity during the year 2001-2015. Web of Science (WoS) database was used for the bibliographic data retrieval. Bibliographic data were analyzed by using bibliometric tools and techniques. The research is conducted with a purpose to know the total research productivity of TIFR as well as Astronomical productivity over the period of 15 years (2001-2015), the literature growth, document types, the citations received, source journals, collaborating institutions & countries and research funding agencies. Findings also indicate the publication pattern, CAGR, degree of collaboration, H-Index as well as the nature of the research activities carried out.