Date of this Version
- Aghili, Vahid, and Ehsan Pouri. 2011. "The Effect of Virtual Social Networks on Interpersonal Communications of Users." Communication culture 3 (1):25-42.
- Amiri, Mojtaba, and Younes Nouri-Morad Abadi. 2012. "Investigating the relationship between political attitude, trust in the national media, active audiences and student tendencies of Tehran universities to virtual social networks." Interdisciplinary studies in media and culture (media and culture) 2 (2):39-63.
- Ansari, Aslam, and Mohd Nazim. 2016. "Social Networking in Library and Information Services: Current Scenario." SRELS Journal of Information Management 53 (2):113-118.
- Asadi, Said. 2014. "Analysis of Virtual Social Networks and its Application in Scientometrics.", accessed 2014/05/16. http://irandoc.ac.ir/Irandoc/files/file/scirel/social-network-analysis-new1.pdf.
- Bozorgi, Ashrafsadat, and Tahereh Amini. 2015. "Examining the Role of Virtual Social Networks in Scientific Exchanges of Librarians at Public Universities in Tehran." Human Information Interaction 2 (3):13-23.
- Brady, Kevin P, Lori B Holcomb, and Bethany V Smith. 2010. "The use of alternative social networking sites in higher educational settings: A case study of the e-learning benefits of Ning in education." Journal of Interactive Online Learning 9 (2).
- Ellison, Nicole B, Charles Steinfield, and Cliff Lampe. 2007. "The benefits of Facebook “friends:” Social capital and college students’ use of online social network sites." Journal of Computer‐Mediated Communication 12 (4):1143-1168.
- Eslami, Morvarid. 2014. "The study of social networks and their effects on different dimensions of life." accessed cited2014/05/17. http://nopadid.mcls.gov.ir/Maghalat/1/%D8%A7%D8%B3%D9%84%D8%A7%D9%85%DB%8C.pdf.
- Forbush, Eric, and Brooke Foucault-Welles. 2016. "Social media use and adaptation among Chinese students beginning to study in the United States." International Journal of Intercultural Relations 50:1-12.
- Ghaffari, Mohtasham, Sakineh Rakhshanderou, Yadollah Mehrabi, and Afsoon Tizvir. 2017. "Using Social Network of TELEGRAM for Education on Continued Breastfeeding and Complementary Feeding of Children among Mothers: a Successful Experience from Iran." International Journal of Pediatrics:5275-5286.
- Grace, Emily. 2016. "Rural School Learning Partnerships: A Comparative Case Study Using Social Network Analysis."
- Grant, Susan B, and Susan B Grant. 2016. "Classifying emerging knowledge sharing practices and some insights into antecedents to social networking: a case in insurance." Journal of Knowledge Management 20 (5):898-917.
- Hollander, Rachelle, Adjo Amekudzi-Kennedy, Sarah Bell, Frazier Benya, Cliff Davidson, Craig Farkos, David Fasenfest, Regina Guyer, Angelique Hjarding, and Michael Lizotte. 2016. "Network priorities for social sustainability research and education: Memorandum of the Integrated Network on Social Sustainability Research Group." Sustainability: Science, Practice, & Policy 12 (1).
- Karno, Donna E, and Bethany W Bilodeau. 2016. "Look What I Did Today: A Case Study on the Introduction of Social Networking to an Early Childhood Classroom." Journal of Advances in Education Research 1 (1):41.
- Kaya, Tugberk, and Huseyin Bicen. 2016. "The effects of social media on students’ behaviors; Facebook as a case study." Computers in Human Behavior 59:374-379.
- Khaniki, Hadi, and Mahmoud Babaei. 2011. "Cyber Space and Social Networking Concepts and Functions." Information Society Quarterly Journal 1 (1):71-96.
- Knobel, Michele, and Colin Lankshear. 2008. "Digital literacy and participation in online social networking spaces." Digital literacies: Concepts, policies and practices:249-278.
- Kratzer, Jan, Christopher Lettl, Nikolaus Franke, and Peter A Gloor. 2016. "The social network position of lead users." Journal of Product Innovation Management 33 (2):201-216.
- Lee, Jeho, Jaeyong Song, and Jae‐Suk Yang. 2016. "Network structure effects on incumbency advantage." Strategic Management Journal 37 (8):1632-1648.
- Mirzaei, Maryam, Saleh Rahimi, and Mahmoud Moradi. 2016. "The Role of Social Networking in Scientific Exchanges (Case Study of Graduate Students at Razi University)." Library and Information Quarterly 19 (1(73)):108-130.
- Moradi, Shahab, Mojtaba Rajabpour, Farahnaz Kian-Ersi, Nader Hajlou, and Nahid Radbakhsh. 2013. "The motives of using social networking networks." Culture at Islamic University 4 (1):95-118.
- Newell, Edward, David Jurgens, Haji Mohammad Saleem, Hardik Vala, Jad Sassine, Caitrin Armstrong, and Derek Ruths. 2016. "User Migration in Online Social Networks: A Case Study on Reddit During a Period of Community Unrest." ICWSM.
- Newman, Mark EJ. 2001. "The structure of scientific collaboration networks." Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 98 (2):404-409.
- Newman, Mark EJ. 2004. "Coauthorship networks and patterns of scientific collaboration." Proceedings of the national academy of sciences 101 (suppl 1):5200-5205.
- Ovadia, Steven. 2014. "ResearchGate and Academia. edu: Academic social networks." Behavioral & Social Sciences Librarian 33 (3):165-169.
- Pourabbasi, Ata, Jalal Farzami, Mahbubeh-Sadat Ebrahimnegad Shirvani, Amir Hossein Shams, and Bagher Larijani. 2017. "Using virtual social networks for case finding in clinical studies: An experiment from adolescence, brain, cognition, and diabetes study." International Journal of Preventive Medicine 8.
- Rahmanzadeh, Ali. 2012. "The Function of Virtual Networking in the Age of Globalization." Journal of Strategic Studies in Globalization 1 (1):49-78.
- Rezaei-Nour, Jalal, Rezvan Lesani, Atefeh Zakizadeh, and Ghadir Safa-Majid. 2014. "The use of social networking techniques for collaborative IT writing networks." Quarterly Journal of Information Technology Management 6 (2):229-250.
- Sabouri-Khosroshahi, Habib, and Nasrin Azargoun. 2013. "The Effect of Virtual Social Networks (Facebook) on Social Identity (Case Study: Islamic Azad University Students)." Media Studies Quarterly 21 (8):1-20.
- Salehi, Vahid, and Mohammadreza Safavi. 2010. "Advantages and Challenges of Using Group Work in Online Learning Environments." Journal of Electronic Learning (Media) 3 (1):57-65.
- Serrat, Olivier. 2017. "Social network analysis." In Knowledge solutions, 39-43. Springer.
- Soleimani-Pour, Rouhollah. 2000. "Social networks; opportunities and threats." Rahavard Quarterly (31):14-19.
- Sultana, Seyama, and Abdul Momen. 2017. "Determinants of the use of social networking sites: Example of a South Asian state." Middle East Journal of Business 12 (1):38-46.
- Varotto, Alessandra, Luciano Gamberini, Anna Spagnolli, Francesco Martino, and Isabella Giovannardi. 2016. "The Persuasive Effect of Social Network Feedback on Mediated Communication: A Case Study in a Real Organization." Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking 19 (3):193-201.
- Xanidis, Nikos, and Catherine M Brignell. 2016. "The association between the use of social network sites, sleep quality and cognitive function during the day." Computers in Human Behavior 55:121-126.
- Yates, Dave, and Scott Paquette. 2011. "Emergency knowledge management and social media technologies: A case study of the 2010 Haitian earthquake." International journal of information management 31 (1):6-13.
- Young, Alyson L, and Anabel Quan-Haase. 2009. "Information revelation and internet privacy concerns on social network sites: a case study of facebook." Proceedings of the fourth international conference on Communities and technologies.
- Zareie, Atefeh, and MohammadKarim Bayat. 2015. "The Effectiveness of Social Media in Academic Libraries: Case Study of Tehran State Universities " Quarterly journal of the Ketabe Mehr (17 & 18):21-8.
Objective: Investigating the role of social networks in the scientific exchanges of librarians of the public libraries of Kerman province in 2017.
Design and setting: The tool was the standard questionnaire"The Role of Social Networking in the Academic Exchange of Librarians".The statistical population was librarians working in the public libraries of Kerman province,whom were designated as 125 participants by a census method. Questionnaires were distributed between librarians in spring 2017 and analyzed by SPSS21, independent t-test and one-way ANOVA.
Findings: The highest membership record in social networks was 1 to 2 years (28%),the highest usage rate was 1 to 2 hours per day (55.20%),the most popular social network was Telegram(49.60%) and computer skills of most participants (67.02%) was moderate.Education had significant relationship with components of "knowledge enhancement"(p = 0.15),"the advantages of using social networking"(p = 0.48),"the impact of social networks on organizations"(p = 0.25) and "the role of social networking in scientific exchanges"(p = 0.25), and the membership record and rate of use during the day had a significant relationship with all components (p = 0.00).The component of"social networking applicability" had the highest average (3.2),“the impact of social networks in the academic life of individuals"had the lowest mean(2.49) and an effect on the academic exchanges of librarians.The role of social networks in the academic exchanges of librarians in public libraries in Kerman province was 13.19 out of 25 and it was estimated at an average level.
Conclusion: Few librarians are aware of the benefits of using social networks in the library and information centers and the role of social networks in their scientific development and the relevant organization. Perhaps this is due to their lack of information literacy about social networks or the lack of being updated and validity of information available on social networks. Given the benefits of social networking in the field of creating interactions, service and information in libraries and information centers, and the prevalence of using this tool among people, it is desirable that by using social networks in a controlled and targeted way by librarians, in order to facilitate and expedite the provision of services in this area to group of users in the public libraries of city in particular the libraries covered by the public libraries of Kerman, steady and forward-looking steps have to be taken.