Date of this Version
1) Danesh F, Mirzaee M, Abdulmajid A, Haji-Zeinolabedini M, Khosravi A. Correlation between scientific output and collaboration among lis scholars around the world. September 20-23, istanbul bilgi university, turkey, 2009: p. 123 [In Persian].
2) Hasanzadeh M, Baghaei S, Nourouzi C. co-authorship in iranian articles published in isi journals (1989-2005) and its relationship with citation to the articles. 2009 [In Persian].
3) Hassanzadeh M, Khodadust R, Zandian F. Analysis of co-authorship indicators, betweenness centrality and structural holes of the iranian nanotechnology researchers in science citation index (1991-2011). Information sciences & technology, 2012. 28(1): p. 223-49 [In Persian].
4) Lu H, Yuqiang F. A measure of authors’ centrality in co-authorship networks based on the distribution of collaborative relationships. Scientometrics, 2009. 81(2): p. 499-511.
5) Nikzad M, Jamali H, Hariri N. Patterns of iranian co-authorship networks in social sciences: a comparative study. Library & information science research, 2011. 33(4): p. 313-319 [In Persian].
6) Ajiferuke I, Burell Q, Tague J. Collaborative coefficient: a single measure of the degree of collaboration in research. Scientometrics, 1988. 14(5-6): p. 421-433.
7) Yoshikane F, Nozawa T. Tsuji K. Comparative analysis of co-authorship networks considering authors' roles in collaboration: differences between the theoretical and application areas. Scientometrics, 2006. 68(3): p. 643-655.
8) Clarke B. Multiple authorship trends in scientific papers. Science, 1964. 143(3608): p. 822-824.
9) Shekofteh M, Hariri N, Scientific mapping of medicine in iran using subject category co-citation and social network analysis. Journal of health administration, 2013. 16(51): p. 43-59.
10) Lee S, Bozema B. The impact of research collaboration on scientific productivity. Social studies of science, 2005. 35(5): p. 673-702 [In Persian].
11) Mahin R, Rahmatolla F. Scientific collaboration and information production: a glance at concepts and current models of co-authorship. Faslname-ye ketab, 2007. 18(3): p. 235-24.
12) Glänzel W, A Schubert. Analysing scientific networks through co-authorship, in handbook of quantitative science and technology research. 2004, springer. P. 257-276.
13) Khosrowjerdi M, Zeraatkar N, Hajipoor M. Proximity and matthew effect in co-authorship pattern of iranian top universities. Malaysian journal of library & information science, 2012. 17(2) [In Persian].
14) De solla price D. Little science, big science... And beyond. new york: columbia university press, 1986.
15) Shekofteh M. Rahim F. Co-authorship patterns and networks in the scientific publications of shahid beheshti university of medical sciences. Journal of paramedical sciences, 2016. 8(1) [In Persian].
16) Nikzad M. Comparative study of co-authorship networks of iranian articles in library and information science, psychology, management and economics in isi during 2000-2009] in science and research branch. 2010, islamic azad university: tehran [In Persian].
17) Didgah F. Erfanmanesh M. Review of co-authorship between iran and asean countries. Information sciences and technology, 2009. 24(4): p. 85-102 [In Persian].
18) Osare F, Farajpahlou A, Soheili F. A survay on centrality measure in co-authorship networks in information science journals. Library and information research journal, 2013. 2(2): 38-41 [In Persian].
19) Afshar, m., a. Abdulmajid, and f. Danesh, survey on authors collaboration rate and citation behaviors in jrms articles curing 2004–2006, in fourth international conference on webometrics. 2008: informetrics and scientometrics & nineth collnet meeting [In Persian].
20) Afshar M, Abdulmajid A, Danesh F. Survey of authors’ collaboration rate in scientometrics journal articles during 2004 to 2008. International journal of information science and management (ijism), 2012. 9(1): p. 47-56 [In Persian].
21) Farahani H, Eskrootchi R, Mohaghegh N, Hosseini A. A study of scientific collaboration in iranian cardiovascular articles in web of science; 2002 - 2011. Journal of health administration, 2014. 17(56): p. 46-55 [In Persian].
22) Osareh F, Shirazi M, Khademi R. A survey on co-authorship network of iranian researchers in the field of pharmacy and pharmacology in web of science during 2000-2012. Journal of health administration, 2014. 17(56): p. 33-45 [In Persian].
23) Karimi M, Mapping and analysis of co-authorship networks of pharmacy and pharmacology of articles in the science citation index in 2003 and 2012, in library and information sciences. 2015, shahidbeheshti university of medical sciences: tehran [In Persian].
24) Asadi M, Jolai S, Bazrafshan S. Co-authorship in scientific publications and scientific cooperation networks sharif university of technology during the years 2005-2010. National studies on librarianshipand and information organization, 2013. 24(1): p. 166-186 [In Persian].
25) Velayati K, Norouzi A. The study of scientific cooperation between iran and neighbor countries in co-authoring during 1990-2007. Scientific and research journal, 2008. 1(4): p. 73-82 [In Persian].
26) Molina J, Alcolea A, Ferrer A, Iñiguez D, Rivero A, Ruiz G, Tarancón A. Co-authorship and academic productivity in economics: interaction maps from the complex networks approach. 2016.
27) Liu C, Olivola C, Kovacs B. Co-authorship trends in the field of management: facts and perceptions. Academy of management learning & education, 2016: p. Amle. 2016.0080.
28) Bordons M, Aparicio J, González-Albo B, Díaz-Faes A.The Relationship between the research performance of scientists and their position in co-authorship networks in three fields. Journal of informetrics, 2015. 9(1): p. 135-144.
29) Kim J. Perez C. Co‐authorship network analysis in industrial ecology research community. Journal of industrial ecology, 2015. 19(2): p. 222-235.
30) Bales ME, Dine DC, Merrill JA, Johnson SB, Bakken S, Weng C. Associating co-authorship patterns with publications in high-impact journals. Journal of biomedical informatics, 2014. 52: p. 311-318.
31) Shekofteh M, Kazerani M, Karimi M, Zayeri F, Rahimi F. Co-Authorship Patterns and Networks in Pharmacology and Pharmacy in Iran. International Journal of Information Science & Management. 2017 Jul 1;15(2): p. 1-13 [In Persian].
32) Ghafouri B. Drawing compilation networks of Iranian emergency medicine using cluster analysis. health Management. 2012. 15 (48): p. 69-80 [In Persian].
33) Heydari M, Safavi Z. The survey of collaborative coefficient of article authors in “journal of research in medical sciences” since 2007 to 2011. Research in medicine.2012 . 36(2) : p. 109-113 [In Persian].
34) Hayati Z, Didgah F. A comparative study of propensity of iranian researchers for collaboration and team work for the period 1998-2007. Information sciences & technology, 2010. 25(3(: p. 73-83 [In Persian].
35) Rasoulabadi M, Heidari A, Zarei M, Khezri A, Gharibi F. Pattern of Scientific Collaboration in Indexed Articles of the Kurdistan University of Medical Sciences in Scopus database 2010-2014. Scientific Journal of Kurdistan University of Medical Sciences, 2015. 20: p. 105-112 [In Persian].
36) Mardani A, Mardani E. An analysis of the social network of compilation of scientific articles of information systems.Quarterly Journal of Information Technology Management.2015. 7(4): p. 909-930 [In Persian].
37) Mazaheri E, Papi A, Zare-farashbandi F, Geraee E. Collaborative analysis and social networking indicators. Research in the field of medicine: A Case Study “Isfahan Medical School Journal”. Isfahan Medical School Journal. 2016. 4 (380): P. 436-443 [In Persian].
38) Taheri B, Shahrzadi L, Ashrafirizi H, Soleymanzade najafi N. Survey on the Outcomes and Participation of Iranian Researchers in the Field of Accident at an International Citation Center during 1999 to 2013. Payesh. 2015.14 (5): p. 587-596 [In Persian].
39) Farahani H, Eskrootchi R, Mohaghegh N, Hosseini AF. A study of scientific collaboration in iranian cardiovascular articles in web of science; 2002 – 2011. Journal of health administration, 2014. 17(56): p. 46-55 [In Persian].
40) Osareh F, Serati shirazi M, Khademi R. A survey on co-authorship network of iranian researchers in the field of pharmacy and pharmacology in web of science during 2000-2012. Journal of health administration, 2014. 17(56): p. 33-45 [In Persian].
Background: Considering the importance of co-authorship and thematic networks in expanding specialization and improving the quality of scientific works, the purpose of this research is to map and analyze the co-authorship and thematic networks of the Kurdistan University of Medical Sciences in the Science Citation Database between years 2011-2016.
Method: Research society of scientific publications in Kurdistan University of Medical Sciences, indexed in the science citation database between years 2011-2016. In order to analyze the data, Excel and HistCite software, and to map the networks and analyze them the Citespace and Gephi software were used.
Findings: The number of scientific publications of Kurdistan University of Medical Sciences during the studied years is 518 papers with 4914 citations. The average number of citations for each paper was 9 and the dominant co-authorship pattern in these years is a five-author pattern. The collaboration index for the years under examination is 5.66, the degree of collaboration is 0.99 and the collaboration coefficient is 0.98. The researchers' desire to create a co-authorship network between years 2011-2016 has increased and the largest international collaboration of university researchers was with Canada. In the mapping thematic network, among the subjects under the study of the university, environmental health, public and professional, the highest degree of centrality, and pharmacy and pharmacology had the highest betweeness centrality.
Conclusion: Considering the high level of collaboration and co-authorship between researchers of Kurdistan University of Medical Sciences, it is recommended to create the essential ground for initiating and consolidating international and national collaboration and setting up scientific and expert colleague groups.
Keywords: Scientific Collaboration, Co-authorship Network, Kurdistan University of Medical Sciences