- Bradford, S.C. Sources of information on specific subjects. Engineering, 1934, 137, 85-86.
- Vickery, B. C. Bradford law of Scattering. J. Doc., 1948, 4(3), 198-203.
- Leimkuhler, F. F. The Bradford distribution. J. Doc., 1967, 23(3), 197-207.
- Goffman W. and Warren K.S. Dispersion of papers among journals based on a mathematical analysis of two diverse medical literatures. Nature, 1969, 221, 1205-1207.
- Kendall, M.G. The bibliography of operations research. Oper. Res. Q., 1960, 11, 31-36.
- Cole, P. F. A new look at reference scattering. J. Doc., 1962, 18(2), 58-64.
- Brookes, B.C. Bradford’s law and the bibliography of science. Nature, 1969, 224, 953-956.
- Brookes, B.C. Numerical methods of bibliographic analysis. Lib. Trends, 1973, 22(1), 18-43.
- Sengupta, I.N. Recent growth of the literature of Biochemistry and change in ranking of periodicals. J. Doc., 1973, 29(2), 210-11.
- Maheswarappa, B.S. and Prakash B.P. Literature use pattern by the researchers in the field of botany: A citation study of doctoral theses. J. of Lib. and Info. Sc., 1982, 7 (1), 15-32.
- Eto, H. Brdford’s law in R&D expending of firms and R&D concentration. Scientometrics, 1984, 6(3), 180-188.
- Gupta, D.K. Application of Bradford's Law to Citation data of Ethiopian Medical Journal. Annals Lib. Sc. Doc., 1991, 38(3), 85-98.
- Everett, J. E., & Pecotich, A. Citation analysis mapping of journals in applied and clinical psychology. J. Applied Soci. Psycho., 1993, 23(9), 750-766.
- Arjun Lal and Panda, K.C. Bradford’s law and its application to bibliographical of Plant Pathology dissertations: An analytical approach. Lib. Sc.: with a Slant to Doc. Info. Studies, 1999, 36(3), 193-206.
- Sudhier, K. G. Application of Bradford's Law of scattering to the physics literature: A study of doctoral theses citations at the Indian Institute of Science. DESIDOC J. Lib. Inf. Technol., 2010, 30(2), 3-14.
- Dhanamjaya, M.; Talawar, V. G.; Mulla, K. R, and Chowdappa, N. Visibility of Reference Patterns in the Doctoral Theses of Engineering and Technology: A Citation Analysis Study. PEARL- J. Lib. Info. Sc., 2011, 5(2), 59-70.
- Jena, K. L.; Swain, D. K., and Sahu, S. B. Scholarly communication of The Electronic Library from 2003-2009: A bibliometric study. Electro. Lib., 2012, 30(1), 103-119.
- Zafrunnisha, N. Citation analysis of PhD Theses in psychology of selected universities in Andhra Pradesh India. Lib. Philo. Prac. (E-journal), 2012.
- Banateppanvar K and Biradar B. S. Citation Analysis of Doctoral Theses in Biotechnology Sumbited to Kuvempu University, Karnataka: A Case Study. Int. J. Info. Diss. Tech., 2013, 3(3), 147-157.
- Ram, S. and Paliwal, N. Assessment of Bradford law’s of scattering to Psoriasis literature through bibliometric snapshot. DESIDOC J. Lib. Inf. Technol., 2014, 34(1), 46-56.
- Joshi, S.B., Mamdapur, G. M. N. and Rajgoli, I.U. Application of Bradford's Law of Scattering to the Literature of Stellar Physics. PEARL- J. Lib. Info. Sc., 2015, 9(3), 133-140.
- Web of Science (WoS). https://apps.webofknowledge.com/ (accessed on 20.08.2018).
- Bradford, S.C. Documentation. Crosby Lockwood and Sons, London, 1948.
- Vickery, B.C. (1948). Bradford law of Scattering. J. Doc., 1948, 4(3), 198-203.
- Leimkuhler, F. F. The Bradford distribution. J. Doc., 1967, 23(3). 197-207.
- Egghe, L. Application of the theory of Bradford’s law to the calculation of Leimkuhler’s law to the completion of bibliographies. J. Amer. Soc. Inf. Sci., 1990, 41(7), 469-92.
- Brookes, B. C. The Bradford’s law: A new calculus for the social sciences? J. Amer. Soc. Inf. Sci., 1979, 30(4), 233-54.
- Brookes, B.C. The complete Bradford-Zipf 'Bibliograph'. J. Doc., 1969, 25(1), 58-60.
The present study is focused on examining the application of Bradford’s law of scattering on research articles published in the field of Astronomy & Astrophysics by Indian scientist during 1988-2017. The bibliographic data was retrieved from Web of Science (WoS) bibliographic data base for different period of time. Total 18,877 journal’s article have been published by Indian scientist in the field of Astronomy & Astrophysics during 1988-2017 which was further retrieved and analyzed separately for different blocks of 10 years as well as for 30 years consolidated too. The core journal of the field was identified. The Bradford law of scattering and Leimkuhler model was also tested to verify the data set and failed to establish the consistency in scattering of literature due to high level concentration of articles in very few journals.
Astrophysics and Astronomy Commons, Categorical Data Analysis Commons, Communication Commons, Educational Assessment, Evaluation, and Research Commons, Higher Education Commons, Library and Information Science Commons, Physics Commons, Science and Technology Studies Commons, Statistical Methodology Commons