Date of this Version
1. Gupta, Dhawan and Ritu (2017). Mobile Cloud Computing: A Scientometric Assessment of Global Publications Output during 2007-16. Journal of Scientometric Research. 6(3), 186-194.
2. Naqvi, Shehbaz Husain. (2017). An analysis of Research Publications on Genetic Engineering. Journal of Scientometric Research. 6(3), 204-206.
3. Sab,M , Chaman., Dharani kumar, P. and Biradar, BS. (2017). Scientific Productivity of Oceanography Literature : A Scientometric analysis. Oceanography and Fisheries Open access Journal. 5(2), 5(2): 555657. DOI:10.19080/OFOAJ.2017.05.555657.
4. Pandey, A. and Pranav N. Desai.(2016). Emerging structure of stem cell research in India: An Anlaysis of Publication Output. J.Scientometric Res. 5(1), 49-61.
5. Manimegalai, D., and Ravi, S. (2014). Fashion Technology Research: A Scientometric Analysis. Asian Journal of Information Science and Technology, 4(1), 54-62.
6. Ashok kumar, L and Goplakrishnan, S. (2013). Indian Literature output on Textle Research : A Scientometric Study. Journal of Advances in Library and Information Science, 2(4), 251-258.
7. Baskaran, C. (2013). Research productivity of Alagappa University during 1999-2011: A Bibliometric Study. DESIDOC Journal of Library and Information Technology. 33(3), 236-242.
8. Jena, Kamla Lochan. (2006). A Bibliometric analysis of the journal ‘Indian Journal of Fiber and Textile Research, 1996-2004’. Annals of Library and Information studies. 53, 22-30.
9 Mohan,S., Gupta,B.M., and Dhawan, S.M. (2003). DESIDOC Materials Science Research and developmentin India : A Scientometric analysis of international collaborative output. DESIDOC Bulletin of Information technology. 23(2), 11-23.
10. Pritchard,A. (1969). Statistical bibliography or bibliometrics? Journal of Documentation. 24, 348-349.
A Quantitative study of research papers published in Synthetic Fiber Research from 2008-2017 was undertaken to investigate the research output in this field. The study made by applying various parameters for capturing the trend-growth pattern of the literature, Relative Growth Rate, Doubling Time, authorship pattern, Prolific author and Top ranking Journals etc., The data were obtained from scopus database. Articles published from 2008 – 2017 were taken for this study. A total of 2594 articles were published in this field with an yearly average of 259.4 articles. . Out of the 2594 articles, the majority of the articles 421 (16.23%) were published in the year 2017. The RGR in the year 2009 found to be 2.05 and in the end year 2017 found to be 0.12. This shows that the RGR declining trend is linear. Among the Authorship patterns, the major contribution of articles were from three authors 534 (20.59%). The Journal named “Advanced Materials Research” ranked in the top position in contributing articles 59 (2.28%) in this field. The highly prolific author is Monteiro S.N who has contributed 41 articles 0.47 %.