Date of this Version
- Alexa. (n.d.). Retrieved December 20, 2018, from https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo
- Bjorneborn, L. &Ingwersen P. (2004). Towards a basic framework for webometrics. Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology, 55 (14), 1216-1227. Retrieved December 14, 2018, from onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/asi.20077/abstract
- Chand, S. (n.d.). Indian banking system: Structure and other details (with diagrams). In Your Article Library. Retrieved December 16, 2018, from http://www.yourarticlelibrary.com/banking/indian-banking-system-structure-and-other-details-with-diagrams/23495
- Kaur, A. & Dani, D. (2014). Banking websites in India: An accessibility evaluation. CSI Transaction on ICT, 2(1), 23-34. Retrieved from https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s40012-014-0040-x
- Ingwersen, P. (1998). The calculation of web impact factors. Journal of Documentation, 54 (2), 236-43.
- Neilpatel. (n.d.). SEO analyzer. Retrieved December 20, 2018, from https://neilpatel.com/seo-analyzer/
- Noruzi, A. (2005). Web impact factors for Iranian universities. Webology, 2(1). Retrieved December 14, 2018, from http://www.webology.ir/2005/v2n1/a11.html
- Reserve Bank of India.(n.d.). In Wikipedia. Retrieved December 18, 2018, from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reserve_Bank_of_India
- Reserve Bank of India. (n.d.). Retrieved December 18, 2018, from https://rbi.org.in/CommonPerson/english/scripts/banksinindia.aspx
- SEOptimer. (n.d.). Retrieved December 18, 2018, from https://www.seoptimer.com/
- Sarkar, A., Pal, A., & Kar, S. (2018). Webometric mapping of tourism sites in India. Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal), 1-14. Retrieved December 28, 2018 from http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/libphilprac/1957/
Abstract: Web Impact Factor (WIF), Search Engine Optimization (SEO) ranking improve the visibility of a website’s presence in online environment. The present study predominantly focuses on the WIFs of the Indian banking websites. On the basis of SEO (search engine optimization) effort has been made to measure the usability, performance, security of the websites, used headings, usage of images and alt tags, linking with social networking sites as well as to count the backlinks, page size, load time, request, traffic score, SEO score and speed score. Popularity ranking of the selected bank websites has also been done. Calculating three types of web impact factors it has been found that among the nationalised banks Indian Bank (IB) holds the numero uno status while among the private banks Lakshmi Vilas Bank Limited (LVB) holds the number one rank. On the basis of usability though nationalised banks enjoy better grades than their private counterparts, regarding SEO, performance and social linking private banks achieve higher grades. In the matter of security all the nationalised and private banks maintain grade A (including A+ and A-) security. Regarding ranking of websites Canara Bank holds the best global and Indian rank. Among the private banks HDFC Bank Limited holds the best global and Indian ranks.