Date of this Version
- Ajiboye, J. O. and Tella, A. (2007). University undergraduate students’ information seeking behaviour: implications for quality in higher education in Africa. The Turkish Online Journal of Educational Technology, 6(1), 40-52.
- Akpojotor, Lucky O. (2016). Awareness and usage of electronic information resources among Postgraduate students of Library and Information Science in Southern Nigeria. Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal). 1408, 1-23.
- Anwar, M. (2007). Research on information seeking and use in Pakistan: An assessment. Pakistan Journal of LIS, 7, 15–32.
- Bhatti, R. (2009). Information Needs and Information-Seeking Behaviour of Faculty Members at the Islamia University of Bahawalpur. Library Philosophy & Practice, 1–10. Retrieved from
- Biradar, B.S. et al. (2008). Use of Search Engines for Retrieval of Scholarly Information: A Case Study, IASLIC Bulletin 53 (4), 215-222.
- Chandra, V. & Murugan, C. (2016). Usage of Web Resources: Learning from the Commerce Research Scholars of Autonomous Colleges in Coimbatore. E-library Science Research Journal, 4 (6), 1-11.
- Chandra, V. & Murugan, C. (2017). Information Seeking Behaviour of LIS Community at Periyar University, Salem. International Research Journal of Multidisciplinary Science & Technology, 2(4), https://digitalcommons.unl.edu/libphilprac/1815
- Fatimaa, N and Ahmadb, N. (2008). Information seeking behaviour of the students at Ajmal Khan Tibbiya College, Aligarh Muslim University: a survey. Annals of Library and Information Studies, 55, 141-144.
- Fiankor, D. K. and Adams, M. (2004) Information seeking behaviour and Information use by the students of the department of information studies, University of Ghana, Legon, Ghana Library Journal, 16, 45-60.
- Jayaprakash, M. & Murugan, C. (2016). Information Disseminating through Using Social Networking Sites among B.Ed College Librarians in Salem District, ICLIM.
- Kehinde, A.A; Obi, S.A; Akinade, A.A; and Anyim, A.O. (2016). Information Needs and Seeking Behaviour of Masters' Students in the Faculty of Communication and Information Sciences, University of Ilorin, Kwara State. Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal), 1463, 1-30.
- Lakshmi Sankari R.; Chinnasamy K., and Venkatachalam A. M.(2011). A study of information seeking behaviour of users of Vinayaka Mission’s Kirupananda Variyar Engineering College Library in Salem. International Journal of Library and Information Science, 3(8), 179-186.
- Marchionini, G. (1955). Information - seeking in electronic environments. UK: Cambridge University Press.
- Muokebe, Bibiana O. C; Enweani, Uche, C; and Nwankwo, N.G. (2018). Information need and seeking behaviour of practicing nurses in Nigeria; the case of our Lady of Lourdes Hospital Ihiala. Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal), 1-16.
- Nikam, K and Rashmi, BR. (2015). Use of E-Resources by the Academia of Speech and Hearing Discipline: A Study, PEARL - A Journal of Library and Information Science, 7 (4), 223-228.
- Nnadozie,Chuma O.(2017). Library use as Correlate of user Satisfaction amongst Lecturers in University Libraries in South-East Zone of Nigeria. Research Journal of Library and Information Science, 1(1), 31-41.
- Tibbiya, Aligarh Muslim University: a survey Annals of Library and Information Studies, 55, 141-144.
- Valizadeh-Haghi, Saeideh and Rahmatizadeh, Shahabedin. (2018). Learning about the Information Seeking behavior of Allied Medical Sciences Students: Advices For Libraries of multidisciplinary Colleges. Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal). 1746.
- Velmurugan, C. (2013). Information seeking behaviour of school students with special reference to Lalaji Memorial Omega International School in Chennai City, Tamilnadu-A case study. E-library Science Research Journal, 1 (11), 1-9.
- Wiberley, S.E. and Jones, W.G. 1995. Patterns of Information seeking in the humanities. College and Research Libraries, 638-645.
- National Institute of Rural Development (NIRD) Library Profile http://www.nird.org.in/ library.aspx, accessed on 24.7.2018
We are now live in the electronic environment and a number of information resources are available in Library or Information Resource Centres or Knowledge Centres. We should know and aware of information needs and information resources which are available in the National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj (NIRDPR) Library. This paper has made an attempt to know the information needs and use pattern on information resources for students of National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj (NIRDPR) at Hyderabad. This study is carried out to know the information seeking behavior of students at National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj (NIRDPR). For analysis, a questionnaire based survey method was adopted. A total number of whole samples i.e. seventy (70) PG Students (both first year and second year) were selected. For analysis, well designed questionnaires were distributed among the 70 respondents and 65 respondents were dully filled and returned. The response rate is 94.29%. The results of the study show that the students express positive perceptions and measured it beneficial.