Date of this Version
- Sampath Kumar, B.T. and Birada, B.S. (2010). Use of ICT in college libraries in Karnataka, India:a survey, Program: Electronic Library and Information System, 44 (3), 271-282.
- Thanuskodi, S. (2011). ICT Literacy among Library Professionals in the Engineering College Libraries of Tamil Nadu: An Analytical. International Journal of Digital Library Services, 1 (2), 131-141.
- Sivakumaren, K.S. et al., (2011). Attitudes towards information and communication technology among library professionals in and around Chennai. International Journal of Information dissemination and Technology, 1(2), 61-68.
- Kaltimani, S.F. and Naik, R.R. (2013). Evaluation of Managerial and ICT skills Competences of the library professionals working in the engineering college libraries in Karnataka State: A Survey. PEARL - A Journal of Library and Information Science, 7(2), 113-127. DOI: 10.5958/j.0975-6922.7.2.017
- Kumar, K. (2013). Knowledge on ICT Skills among LIS Professionals of Engineering Institutions of Andhra Pradesh State: A Survey. DESIDOC Journal of Library and Information Technology, 33 (6), 480 - 487
- Selvantony, A, et al., (2014). A Study on Skills of Library Professionals in Engineering Colleges of Tamil Nadu. Journal of Advances in Library and Information Science (JALIS), 3(1), 67-71.
- Seena, S.T and Sudhier Pillai, K.G.(2014). A Study of ICT Skills among library professionals in the Kerala University Library System. Annals of Library and Information Studies, 61, 132-141.
- Ojedokun A Ayoku Victoria Nwamaka Okafor , (2015). ICT skills acquisition and competencies of librarians. The Electronic Library, 33 (3), 502-523. http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/EL-08-2013-0155.
- Sandie King David McMenemy Alan Poulter, (2006),"Effectiveness of ICT training for public library staff inthe UK: staff views", The Electronic Library, 24 (2)2, 265 -276.http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/02640470610649281
- Muhammad Ramzan, (2004),"Effects of IT utilization and knowledge on librarians' IT attitudes", The Electronic Library, 22(5), 440-447.
- Samuel Olu Adeyoyin, (2006),"ICT literacy among the staff of West African university libraries", The Electronic Library, 24(5), 694 -705.http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/02640470610707286
- Mahadeva Prasad, M.S, Mallinath Kumbar, (2015). Information on Literacy Skills among Faculty Members of Polytechnic Colleges in Karnataka: A Study. International Journal of Library and Information Science, 5(4), 16-28.
Information and Communication Technology [ICT] applications have transformed present libraries into digital libraries, electronic libraries and virtual libraries. As such, it has become essential for the college librarians to get expertise in ICT skills. In this regard, training is needed for these library professionals in ICT techniques. Today the world is full of computer based technology segments and the resources are available more and more in the throughout the world. But the humans do not know about the resources and how to co-ordinate it and the professionals do not have adequate ICT skills. The paper talks about the Information and Communication Technology skills of the library professionals. The purpose of the study was examining the various skills of Technical Institute Library Professionals at Tirunelveli District of Tamil Nadu.