Date of this Version
- Agnel Institute of Technology and Design. (n.d.). Library. Retrieved December 24, 2018, from www.aitdgoa.edu.in/library
- Astani, M., & Elhindi, M. A. (2008). Empirican study of University Websites. Retrieved December 29, 2018, from www.iacis.org/iss/2008_iis/pdf/S2008_1077.pdf
- Berelson, B. (1952). Content Analysis in Communicative Research. New York: Free Press.
- Connell, R. S. (2008). Survey of Web Developers in Academic Libraries. Journal of Academic Librarianship, 34, 121-129.
- Dhamdhere, S. N. (2012). Library Website: A Mirror of the Library. In B. Ramesha (Ed.), Knowledge Society: Innovations in Librarianship, 57th All India Library Conference Proceedings (pp. 298-301). Mangalore: St. Agnes Center for Post-graduate Studies and Research.
- Don Bosco College of Engineering. (n.d.). About Us: Don Bosco College of Engineering . Retrieved December 25, 2018, from www.dbcegoa.ac.in/about-library/
- Goa College of Engineering. (2014). About Us. Retrieved December 23, 2018, from www.gec.ac.in/Deptindex.aspx?page=a&ItemID=193&nDeptID=46
- Haridasan, S., & Uwesh, M. (2014). Content Analysis of Central University Library Websites in India. Journal of Information Management, 1(2), 59-71.
- Kanmadi, S., & Kumbar, B. D. (2006). Web-based Services Expected from Libraries. Webology, 1-9.
- Kannappanavar, B. U., Jayaprakash, & Bachlapur, M. M. (2011). Content Analysis of Engineering College Library Websites. Library Philosophy and Practice, 673.
- Margam, M. (2012). Content Evaluation of Indian Institutes of Technology Library Websites in India. World Digital Libraries, 1-20.
- Padre Conceicao College of Engineering. (2014). About Us, Library. Retrieved December 24, 2018, from www.pccegoa.org/amenities/Library
- Pareek, S., & Gupta, D. K. (2013). Academic Library Websites in Rajasthan. Library Philosophy and Practice, 1-22.
- Selltiz, C., Jahoda, M., & Cook, S. (1964). Research Methods in Social Relations . New York: Holt, Rinehart and Winston.
- Shree Rayeshwar Institute of Engineering and Information Technology. (n.d.). About Us. Retrieved December 24, 2018, from www.ritgoa.ac.in
- Silverman, D. (2014). Interpreting Qualitative Data (5th ed.). Los Angeles: Sage Publications.
- Singh, M. P., & Gautam, V. K. (2016). Content Analysis of Websites of Central University Libraries in Delhi, India. Journal of Information Management, 3(2), 1-14.
- Swapna, V. S., & Francis, A. T. (2014). Management of Library Websites of Agricultural Universities in South India. Library Progress (International), 34(2), 87-95.
- Verma, M. K., & Devi, K. K. (2015). Content Analysis of Central Universities Library Websites of North Eastern States of India. Journal of Research in Librarianship, 2(5), 48-59.
- Vijayakumar, M., Kannappanavar , B. U., & Mestri, M. (2009). Content Analysis of Indian Institutes of Technology Libraries Web Portals. DESIDOC Journal of Library and Information Technology, 29(1), 57-63.
ICT- led developments have created new opportunities and challenges for libraries in creation, promotion, dissemination and storage of information. Engineering College libraries are nowadays using the web environment to provide high-quality information for their users, mostly in digital format. The current study investigates and presents the content analysis of Goa University affiliated engineering college library websites in Goa. The data was collected from the websites of the concerned engineering college libraries through a checklist prepared for this purpose. The websites of the libraries were thoroughly scanned and analyzed, based on the analysis we have ranked them. The main purpose of this paper is to guide the librarians in improving their library websites. There is a need to design and develop a unique type of library websites containing resources and services of their individual libraries and also providing links to other IIT libraries. This article gives a detailed account of the study and offers suggestions for developing and managing better library websites.