Date of this Version
- Tambre wade, V.G. (1997). “Sources of Information”. University News, 35(50),8-11.
- Asha, Joglekar(1986). Information Science profession and opportunities for Information Scientists in India. IASLIC Bulletin, 31(1), 17-28.
- Cheng, Grace, Yin Ting and Lam, Lousia Meichum. 1996. “Information – seeking behaviour of health professionals in Hong Kong: a survey of thirty – seven hospitals”. Bulletin of Medical Library Association, 84(1). 32-40.
- Prasad, H. N. and Tripathi, Manorama (2001). “Information seeking behavior and use of Information sources in physical scientists and social scientists: A comparative study”. SRELS Journal of Information Management, 38(4),343-356.
- Popoola, S.O. (2008). “The Use of Information Sources and Services and Its Effect on the Research Output of Social Scientists in Nigerian Universities”. Library Philosophy and Practice, (Available at http://unllib.uni.edu/LPP) Accessed on 16th December 2019.
- Adithya Kumari, H & Talawar, V.G (2009) .Use of reference sources in university libraries of Karnataka: a study. Annals of Library and Information Studies,56,103-116.
- Holland, W E (1978). “Information Potentials: A concept of the important of information sources in a research and development environment”. Journal of communication, 22,159-173.
- Ali, Naushad (2005).The use of electronic resources at IIT Delhi Library; a study of search behaviors. The Electronic Library,23(6), 691-700.
- Pushpalatha, K and Mallaiah, T.Y (2009). Use of information resources in chemistry: a study of Mangalore University Library. Annals of Library and Information Studies,56,175-183
- Gowda, Vasappa and Shivalingaiah, D (2009). “Attitude of research scholars towards usage of electronic information resources: a survey of university libraries in Karnataka”. Annals of Library and Information Studies,56,184-191
- Ranganathan, C (2011). Use of Electronic Information Resources by Faculty members in Bharathidasan University: A Survey. Indian Journal of Information Sources and Services, 1(2), 50-55.
- Archana, S.N & Padmakumar, P.K(2011). “Use of Online Information Resources for Knowledge Organization in Library and Information Centers: A Case Study of CUSAT”. DESIDOC Journal of Library & Information Technology, 31(1), 19-24.
This study identified relative importance of information sources among the science faculty members and research scholars in a University environment is emphasized. In this Studies the relative importance of information sources among the science faculty members and research scholars and on the basis of statistical tests concludes that the personal attributes of science scientists such as designation, gender, age, qualification, subject, experience, nature of work and nature of research in a university environment have bearing on the use of information resources. The study reveals that scientific periodicals, abstracting and indexing journals, Bibliographic databases and Newspapers were the resources of information which were most frequently used. The results show that position and education are good predictors of information use while professional experience has little power in explaining variations in information source use.