- Askling, B. (2007). Om sakkunskap och expertis i nationella utvärderingar och Kvalitetsbedömningar [Knowledge and expertise in national evaluation and quality assessments]. Göteborg, Göteborgs universitet.
- Billal, F. (2007). Elevating 20 Universities from the Islamic World to the Rank of the Top 500 World Universities in IAU. Horizons, 13 (2–3).
- Dill, D. D., & Soo, M. (2005). Academic quality, league tables, and public policy: A cross-national analysis of university ranking systems. Higher education, 49(4), 495-533.
- Florida universities rank in the top 25 public universities granted U.S. patents :Available at http://floridaconsortium.com/florida-universities-rank-top-25-public-universities-granted-u-s-patents/
- Hazelkorn, E. (2015). Rankings and the reshaping of higher education: The battle for world-class excellence.
- Kehm, B.M. & Stensaker, B. (Eds.), 2009, University Rankings, Diversity, and the New Landscape of Higher Education (Rotterdam, Sence).
- Marginson, S., & Van der Wende, M. (2007). To rank or to be ranked: The impact of global rankings in higher education. Journal of studies in international education, 11(3-4), 306-329.
- Sall, H. N., et al. (2009). Innovation and Revitalization of Education in Sub-Saharan Africa: Education Programmes, Pedagogy and Teaching Tools’, in United Nations University. Revitalizing Higher Education in Sub-Saharan Africa, UNU Project Report. Tokyo, UNU.
- Sivakumaren, K.S. (2017). Contributions of Publications of Indian Institute of Management in Ranking Institutions in National Institutional Ranking Framework: A Study, International Research: Journal of Library & Information Science, 7 (2).
- Sivakumaren, K.S. (2018).Comparative Study of Indian Academic Institutions in Top NIRF Rankings 2018, International Journal of Scientific Research and Review, 7(10).
- Stella, A and Woodhouse, D. Ranking of Higher Education Institutions (Australian Universities Quality Agency - AUQA), Melbourne, 2006.
This paper examines the publications of Universities in NIRF. The study has considered the publications of top 10 Universities in Scopus, Web of Science (WoS) & Indian Citation Index (ICI), patent publications and citations. Further, the Citation Rate (CR) for the publications of the Universities have also been found using simple calculation method (NC/NP=CR).It is found in the study that the top 10 Universities were contributed more number of publications in Scopus(53.86%) database, followed by WoS (41.13%) and ICI(5%). The University of Delhi has received more number of citations (50434) for the publications of (8131) ,whereas, IISC has produced more publications (12623) and citations (63632).The Citation Rate is also high for the University of Delhi than other Universities. The study has also recommended to incorporate additional parameters such h-index of Universities, Departments and Contributors in assessing Universities for awarding Ranks.