- Asmi, N.A., Margam, Madhusudhan. (2018) Academic social networking sites for researchers in Central Universities of Delhi: A study of ResearchGate and Academia, Global Knowledge, Memory and Communication, Vol. 67 (1), pp.91-108.
- Ali, M. Y., & Richardson, J. (2018). Usage of academic social networking sites by Karachi social science faculty: Implications for academic libraries. IFLA Journal, 44(1), 23–34. https://doi.org/10.1177/0340035217744235
- Doaa K. El-Berry. (2015). Awareness and Use of Academic Social Networking Sites by the Academic Staff at the South Valley University in Egypt. Journal of Library and Information Sciences, 3(2), 115-132. Retrieved October 31, 2018, from http://jlisnet.com/journals/jlis/Vol_3_No_2_December_2015/7.pdf
- Kenchakkanavar, A.Y., &Hadagali, G.S. (2016) Attitudes of Research scholars on the use of Social Networking Sites. Journal of Advances in Library and Information Science, 5 (2), 157 - 164. Retrieved October 31, 2018, from http://jalis.in/pdf/5-2/Anand.pdf
- Aleryani, A.Y., Mofleh, H., Alariki, S. (2017) The Usage of Academic Social Network Sites by Researchers in Developing Countries: Opportunities and Challenges, Saba Journal of Information Technology and Networking (SJITN), 5(2), 49-59.
- Bhardwaj, R.K. (2017). Academic social networking sites. Comparative analysis of ResearchGate, Academia.edu, Mendeley and Zotero. Information and Learning Science, 1186(5).
The study investigates the awareness, perceptions, and purposes of Academic Social Networking Sites (ASNS) among the research scholars in State Universities of Tamil Nadu. A well structured questionnaire was designed to collect the data from the respondents and a total of 1100 questionnaire were distributed, 773 filled in questionnaire were received back. The result shows that the level of awareness on ASNS was found less, among the research scholars. The research scholars are highly using ASNS to find and share the information, the research scholars should be encouraged to organize research work systematically and also to collaborate with experts and researchers. Since, the level of awareness is found less among research scholars it is recommended to organize innovative programmes such as workshops and hands on trainings to enhance the level of awareness.